PDA

View Full Version : Run A Unix Executible File

Ashar
26th June 2005, 02:26 PM
Please bear with me as I am not as techeducated as all on this forum. I have just bought a Sony LCD TV. My powerbook G4 ( 12" 1GIG) is displaying a black & white mirror image of its display on the LCD, when I run a DVD movie via S-Video on the LCD. In the suppliedf Sony CD..there is a folder named Mac Utility. This has a file called MAC_OSX_UTILITY( 1.6MB). I cannot open this file with my existing applications...i.e Script editor, preview, graphic editor etc. On the "Get Info" screen I get...Kind= Unix executible file; Name& Extension=MAC_OSX_UTILITY. I am guessing that this file will have the drivers I need to establish compatibility with my LCD. Please help me open/run this utility( ..or whatever it is).....and please could you give me stepwise simple directions?
Thx. in anticipation!

Cheers.

Currawong
26th June 2005, 02:37 PM
Have you tried changing settings for the monitor + TV using System Preferences -> Displays?

Ashar
28th June 2005, 12:04 PM
Sorry for the late reply as I am travelling in outback QLD with limited`web access. I have tried the display settings. They are set at 1024x768. No effect though. Should I be doing something with the refresh rate option? It seems inaccessible as it is dimmed out. Sony has asked me to run the software utility. Any ideas?

Cheers.

mac_man_luke
28th June 2005, 12:40 PM
did you say it was connected via SVIDEO?

if so is it set to PAL or NTSC?

Currawong
28th June 2005, 12:44 PM
Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app.

type: file (space) and drag the MAC_OSX_UTILITY into the terminal window and press return.

Tell us what information you get.