PDA

View Full Version : Mac Errors Widget

The Fluffy Duck
25th June 2005, 12:51 AM
Apple in their wisdom are not in the business of making it easy to find out what happend to your mac :(

"a type -36 has occured"

Ooooh wow a type 36 you say? Im so glad it wasnt a type 47 or 38 damm I would really be screwed then.

Excuse the sarcasm but I do have a point. IS there a URL that lists all the errors types so I "really" know what happend or even better a widget that has a list?

I guess this is more macOS related but I was hoping for a widget so I posted here :P fingers crossed

note: i have nfi what those error numbers are I just pulled random numbers, but I hope to learn soon :P

hawker
25th June 2005, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by The Fluffy Duck@Jun 25 2005, 12:21 AM
Excuse the sarcasm but I do have a point. IS there a URL that lists all the errors types so I "really" know what happend or even better a widget that has a list?
Google is your friend. Trying typing in "Mac OS X a type -36 error has occured"

You might find a web site with all the errors listed on your journey. If you do, feel free to post it here :)

yitzyf
25th June 2005, 06:46 PM
There used to be an OS9 program or 2 that you type in the error code and it gives ou a description. I can't remember what it's called....

Howver, Google pulled up this:
http://www.prepressure.com/library/macerrors.htm

The Fluffy Duck
27th June 2005, 12:11 AM
thanks heaps guys that helped :) Now if only they made a widget.......Or I was smart enough to make a widget :(