PDA

View Full Version : Which Keyboard would you Prefer?

EMKarelia
1st July 2009, 07:02 PM
So I'm looking to buy a keyboard for my MBP and I was wondering which one should I get? Apple - Keyboard - Explore completely redesigned wired and wireless keyboards. (http://www.apple.com/keyboard/)

The Wired "Beautiful Ultrathin Design" USB Port connection with brightness, volume, eject, play/pause, Exposť, Dashboard.

OR

The Wireless "Cable-Free Incredibly Thin" Bluetooth wireless technology But it doesn't have the brightness light.

Hard to pick. What do you think? :confused1:

wholikespotatoes
1st July 2009, 07:04 PM
The wired if it is just going to be for desk use, no batteries.

Thinking about it, a wireless keyboard for a laptop could be considered pointless.

MrJesseRoss
1st July 2009, 07:20 PM
Go for the wired one. The USB ports really do come in handy. :)

Dust For Eyes
1st July 2009, 07:33 PM
But it doesn't have the brightness light.

Do you mean the brightness function buttons? They are on the wireless keyboard.

If you go wired, remember to consider if you want the number keypad or not. With or with out the number pad, they're the same price.

EMKarelia
2nd July 2009, 05:29 AM
See my MBP is stationed just like a desktop right now. I have a huge desk with an 22". Its hard to reach the MPB and type correctly.

Are you sure about the brightness function buttons Dust For Eyes? I don't think that the bluetooth keyboard runs with light. 3 AA batteries would not last long.

simonm
2nd July 2009, 07:50 PM
Definitely get the wired with the keypad in my opinion.

RustySpanner
2nd July 2009, 08:27 PM
I've got the wireless keyboard, it's great. The battery lasts for months and it never misses key presses, but in your situation I'd still choose wired to avoid having to worry about batteries when you don't have to.

Geoff3DMN
2nd July 2009, 08:38 PM
I have both the wired (with number pad) and wireless keyboards which I've used with my iMac.

The wireless keyboard looks nice because there are no messy wires but for everything else the wired keyboard offers more functionality.

1. Getting the wireless keyboard working in bootcamp is a pain in the arse, the wired one just works.

2. If I do any data entry (accounting etc) then the lack of a number pad halves my data entry speed.

3. The usb ports on the wired keyboard free up a usb port on the back of the iMac which means I don't have to use a hub.

If you're a light user or must have the neat look of no wires then go for the wireless keyboard, if you care more about how your computer works than how it looks then go for the wired keyboard with number pad IMHO.

dekco
2nd July 2009, 10:07 PM
another vote for the wired, coupled with the VX Nano. *imo* because you use the transmitter in one of the USB port.

EMKarelia
4th July 2009, 02:28 AM
Ok you guys got me : ) I'll be getting a Wired keyboard. I needed a keyboard for some heavy typing and editing work.

Thanks y'all really appreciate the comments.