PDA

View Full Version : Screen on my MBP went blank

nando
1st July 2009, 11:43 AM
yeap..everything else seems fine...when i turn it on..the sound of the chime goes and all good..the keyboard works cuz the capslock button goes green when is active.
but the screen has remained off...
so i took it to Apple store yesterday...so expecting a call from them today or tomorrow....
anyone had this experienced before??

i have the latest Mac OS and my MBP is well...early 2008 model. 15" though..

resonance
1st July 2009, 12:21 PM
Depends on the model. I had one of the pre unibody's with the 8600m GT and it was a graphics card fail for me. Widely reported, covered by warranty.

It had several problems after the repair so the upped me to a Unibody. Loved it and them (apple)
They were quick on the repairs too

mattrobs
1st July 2009, 12:39 PM
I had the same problem (same early 2008 model). All of a sudden, backlight just went out. Inverter blew, apparently. Took them a week and a half to ship a new screen from overseas.

If there's a new screen, make sure you check it for dead pixels before you sign it out!

NORMANDY
1st July 2009, 12:47 PM
Mine does this all the time, but what seems to happen is the brightness control gets turned to off. and I just put the brightness back to full and its fine... but as soon as I turn it off, it goes back to a zero setting again.... very strange... and it doesnt do it all the time ???

nando
1st July 2009, 01:21 PM
Depends on the model. I had one of the pre unibody's with the 8600m GT and it was a graphics card fail for me. Widely reported, covered by warranty.

It had several problems after the repair so the upped me to a Unibody. Loved it and them (apple)
They were quick on the repairs too

that will be great if they opt to give me a unibody one.. :D
fortunately i backed up everything via time machine... :D

nando
1st July 2009, 01:22 PM
I had the same problem (same early 2008 model). All of a sudden, backlight just went out. Inverter blew, apparently. Took them a week and a half to ship a new screen from overseas.

If there's a new screen, make sure you check it for dead pixels before you sign it out!

how $$ did it cost u?

I am expecting a call from them either today or tomorrow...
BTW am in Qld so took it to Robina Apple Store..but then ..all apple store are equal right???