PDA

View Full Version : Will resellers match EPP discount?

mitty
1st July 2009, 11:07 AM
Just wondering. I'm thinking of upgrading to a 13" Macbook Pro. I can get it via EPP discount for $1785, has anyone had any luck in getting resellers to match EPP pricing? I'm pretty sure the Apple store will as long as you show your the ID for your Employer who's in the EPP program, but I don't want to go all the way to Chadstone :)

If anyone knows of an Apple Reseller who would match the price (particularly in Melb CBD) let me know.

OziMac
1st July 2009, 11:34 AM
You know, I wouldn't have thought so, but I have heard of some big box retailers like JB HiFi doing this.

Having said that, JB HiFi no longer offers 10% off their Macs when they have their laptop sales, so perhaps they've stopped offering deep discounts on them (though the Dick Smith price during last weekend's sale was about $1700).

Why not get it online mitty?

mmulhern
1st July 2009, 11:39 AM
You could print off the AppleStore page with EPP price if Reseller wanted to match/beat a quote.

I wasn't required to show my EPP quote printout when buying my MBP.

If they want the sale, they'll figure out an offer/bundle, otherwise just get it online and delivered.

JLow
1st July 2009, 11:47 AM
Pity the 3GS isn't on the EPP list of eligible goods....

mitty
1st July 2009, 12:07 PM
Why not get it online mitty?

That's probably what I'll end up doing if I get one, but it would be nice to just walk into a store and buy one... though most retail experiences these days are painful, the idea of not having to actually deal with any human beings definitely has major appeal!

mcargy08
1st July 2009, 12:09 PM
JB HiFi does. I used my EPP everytime i purchase APple products in there. Just say you have EPP.

mitty
1st July 2009, 12:16 PM
The other problem is this EFI thing. I may wait until that is resolved as I was planning on upgrading to a bigger drive, which at the moment sounds fraught with danger.

applesalesman
1st July 2009, 04:01 PM
Letting you know that the reseller if they did match it would be making very little on the sale. You get very good pricing on EPP.

That being said, I often do match that pricing for customers - but only on 15 and 17 MBP's.

~Coxy
1st July 2009, 04:11 PM
If you do get a price match, you should print the quote to PDF and host it so other people can bring in their "quote" to "price-match" :D

mitty
1st July 2009, 04:28 PM
I'm going to JB after work with a printout from the EPP store. If they match it I'll get one today, but other wise will order one tomorrow hopefully for delivery on Friday.