PDA

View Full Version : Separate licenses for different logins?

MissionMan
29th June 2009, 09:54 PM
Is it unusual for a package to have separate licenses for different user logins on the same machine? I created a separate login for my wife to work and I noticed a couple of the applications are now popping up with user license requests. Is this the norm?

rmac
29th June 2009, 09:58 PM
the license files were probably created in your user Library and so arent present in the other account.

you can probably just copy over the files necessary and all will be ok. if not check out the developer's website about licenses. which apps are they?

Jaste
30th June 2009, 06:55 AM
I have had apps ask to agree to the terms and conditions again on a different login but none have asked me for a seperate license key or to repurchase the app.

MissionMan
30th June 2009, 07:48 AM
the license files were probably created in your user Library and so arent present in the other account.

you can probably just copy over the files necessary and all will be ok. if not check out the developer's website about licenses. which apps are they?

I only picked it up with a couple. Layers was one for example, but I'll go through the list and see exactly which ones have issues.