PDA

View Full Version : Trouble using Imac to list / edit on Ebay

fender22
22nd June 2009, 07:10 PM
Seem to always have trouble creating listings on ebay. Mainly editing text. Can't seem to change fonts, make text bigger etc. Can't even use enter to go to a new line.

Have trouble with photos too. Seem to be fine when looking on screen but when I upload them to ebay some seem to be rotated sideways etc. Anyone else have similar issues or now a way around is?

Byrd
22nd June 2009, 07:17 PM
Don't use Safari - it's been broken with eBay for some time. Firefox work fine for me here.

JB

MissionMan
22nd June 2009, 08:56 PM
+1 Firefox.

For some odd reason Safari does not like Ebay or ebay doesn't like safari.

supermariobothers
22nd June 2009, 09:10 PM
When posting text in an eBay ad, you need to use HTML code: for example <br> to move text to the next line. Just google it, shouldn't be too hard to find what you need.

Not sure if this is browser specific though,
hope this helps.

St Cornelius
22nd June 2009, 09:57 PM
Thats really bad for safari has it been fixed in the new safari... in 3 years Im yet to take safari seriously.

Firefox is the safe bet

Byrd
22nd June 2009, 10:03 PM
I've had issues with Safari and eBay for years - god knows why I still use this browser! The amazing thing? Safari 4 is still shithouse for eBay use - can't they get along? :)

JB

richbowen
22nd June 2009, 11:44 PM
Firefox or try one of the eBay listing software programs ... from memory there are 2 that are decent (GarageSale is one of them) and both offer ~10 listings in trial mode.

mattmac
23rd June 2009, 12:04 AM
feebay stopped supporting safari last year sometime I think it was. So many things I hate about ebay these days.

Anyway I just use firefox as others have suggested.