PDA

View Full Version : OSX, Windows, DVD's and ISO files

Antonino Giglio
21st June 2009, 03:51 PM
I have a plants database program made only for windows, so I'm rnning it under VMwarefusion.

The rouble is that it comes with a DVD with high resolution pictures but I don't want to ring the DVD around all the time.

I remember that there was a way with iso files or something like that but I had forgotten.

Can anyone give me a hand with this issue?

JaimeSharp
21st June 2009, 05:42 PM
There are a few ways to do this such as toast or any cd burning program such as nero for instance. insert the dvd and select copy then save as ISO. then mount this in vmware fusion using either the a virtual cd program or save it to the mac partiton an then select the iso using vmware fusion by selecting the cd icon and choose disc image.

Huy
21st June 2009, 05:44 PM
Disk Utility will let you save disk images/DMG masters.

Darwiniandude
21st June 2009, 06:04 PM
Yes, pop the disc in so it mounts on the OS X desktop (eg don't connect it to vmware, maybe have vmware not running) Fire up Disk Utility, and in the source list on the right you'll see the dvd's name. Click it, then click the 'New Image' button. Make it a CD/DVD master, or at least that's what I do. You should then be able to 'insert' the resulting image into VMware fusion.

Antonino Giglio
21st June 2009, 09:47 PM
Thanks guys!!! :D