PDA

View Full Version : New MB Pricing - I complained to Apple

vrxguy
19th June 2009, 04:53 PM
Hey Guys
after buying 2 Macbooks 2 weeks prior to the WWDC announcment, i emailed Apple in disgust. got a phone call today from them offering $200 vouchers for the Online Apple store, meh better than a kick in the bum.

Phase
19th June 2009, 04:56 PM
after buying 2 Macbooks 2 weeks prior to the WWDC announcement

I found where you went wrong.

NeoRicen
19th June 2009, 04:59 PM
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/wp-content/uploads/image/monkey-slap.jpg

frompet
19th June 2009, 06:03 PM
seriously if you going to buy that close to WWDC then its your own fault, i bought mine a week before a random upgrade and $400 price drop and they didnt offer me anything, your lucky to get anything

iCameron
19th June 2009, 06:08 PM
2 weeks? Don't you have the option to take it back? Surely that's within the 14 day return period.

$200? Awesome! That's much better then a kick in the balls.

Make sure you check Mac Buyer's Guide: Know When to Buy Your Mac, iPod or iPhone (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/)

before you buy again! =D

scruffie
19th June 2009, 06:24 PM
Emailed them in disgust? Surely you have to be kidding.

NathR32
19th June 2009, 06:30 PM
I bought a can of Coke from my local servo for $3.00 a few weeks ago.

But guess what? Coles had them on special 2 weeks later for 99c. What an outrage. I emailed them in disgust but all I got was a kick in the bum.

You are lucky.

macnev
19th June 2009, 06:45 PM
Emailed them in disgust? Surely you have to be kidding.

well it worked didnt it mate???

vrxguy
19th June 2009, 06:59 PM
guys, what is with the negativity, i bought 2 weeks early, i didnt know about WWDC as i wasnt a mac fan, untill i bought my new Macbook. if you are going to post a negative comment dont bother. grow up... this is ment to be a community for a common interest and passion for macs not a forum for slandering fellow users. this is something a vista forum would do.

NeoRicen
19th June 2009, 07:16 PM
guys, what is with the negativity, i bought 2 weeks early, i didnt know about WWDC as i wasnt a mac fan, untill i bought my new Macbook. if you are going to post a negative comment dont bother. grow up... this is ment to be a community for a common interest and passion for macs not a forum for slandering fellow users. this is something a vista forum would do.
Tell me why disgust is an appropriate reaction to a price drop and product upgrade? What do you expect Apple to do, give a month or more notice of upgrades? And then what do you do about people who bought a day before they gave notice?

It's a problem without a solution, you bought something with the full knowledge of what you were getting and for how much, the fact that equation changed a couple of weeks later is annoying, but tough luck.

Huy
19th June 2009, 07:54 PM
We don't want another Osbourne effect.

craigc
19th June 2009, 08:13 PM
I really can't seek how it is Apple's fault. It blows me away that they have offered what they have. Imagine trying to get a similar deal from Dell.

Reubania
19th June 2009, 08:20 PM
Agreed. Just enjoy the $200 and don't whinge about your "disgust" to us. Thanks.

vrxguy
19th June 2009, 09:08 PM
well sorry, next time ill keep my comments and opinions to my self then.Please close this thread,

tcn33
19th June 2009, 09:42 PM
Gladly. People need to remember this is a discussion forum, and statements like "if you don't like it don't post" have no place here. If you can't handle people disagreeing with your opinions then you are unsuited for life outside your house.