PDA

View Full Version : D-Day que for Telstra at Apple Store Sydney

Jay
17th June 2009, 10:11 AM
I am gonna try Apple Store Sydney, Launch Day for a Telstra iPhone 3G S . . hope the que would be the same as last time . . (walk in) and I hope every one still stands in the 200 for OPTARSE . . have we got any takers for Optarse here . . . ?

TheWatchman
17th June 2009, 10:17 AM
I am gonna try Apple Store Sydney, Launch Day for a Telstra iPhone 3G S . . hope the que would be the same as last time . . (walk in) and I hope every one still stands in the 200 for OPTARSE . . have we got any takers for Optarse here . . . ?

I expect the Optus line won't be quite as long this time and I would expect Telstra and Vodafone to be slightly longer. However, I also expect that the lines at Apple Store will be shorter for two reasons:

a) People are on contracts already and won't be buying another phone
b) Chatswood Apple Store.

Huy
17th June 2009, 10:22 AM
Walk across the road to the Telstra shop. ;)

Jay
17th June 2009, 10:24 AM
For some reason I like the Apple store to the T-life george street. Last time, on the 3rd day, there were 10 people waiting in line for Tesltra, despite the T-life store had no que at all . . for that matter, I would prefer the Apple Store Sydney over the Chatswood . .dont ask me why . . its just me

Comet
17th June 2009, 10:29 AM
For some reason I like the Apple store to the T-life george street. Last time, on the 3rd day, there were 10 people waiting in line for Tesltra, despite the T-life store had no que at all . . for that matter, I would prefer the Apple Store Sydney over the Chatswood . .dont ask me why . . its just me

In terms of stock and number of staff at hand, Apple Store in Sydney should be the right place to be. Sydney is quite lucky having Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone all close to each other nearby the Apple store. Guess I'll just make my way from the hotel and see the shortest line.

Jay
17th June 2009, 10:32 AM
In terms of stock and number of staff at hand, Apple Store in Sydney should be the right place to be. Sydney is quite lucky having Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone all close to each other nearby the Apple store. Guess I'll just make my way from the hotel and see the shortest line.

Why would you want to come to Sydney when you have an Apple Store in Melbourne? Are you on an existing Optarse contract?

The_Hawk
17th June 2009, 10:32 AM
and it will be cold.

Comet
17th June 2009, 10:35 AM
Why would you want to come to Sydney when you have an Apple Store in Melbourne? Are you on an existing Optarse contract?

I'm up in Sydney for other things at the moment.
I'm on a contract with Optus but my wife's using that plan with the prepaid iPhone that I got her so I have my choice. I learnt my lesson not to go with Optus, though their prices are tempting.

I'm currently using the iPhone with Telstra so if Optus continues their free unlock for plans, I'll go Optus, get it unlocked and continue using Telstra. If Telstra offer it outright, I'll line up with Telstra. Choices choices...

Jay
17th June 2009, 10:39 AM
I'm currently using the iPhone with Telstra so if Optus continues their free unlock for plans, I'll go Optus, get it unlocked and continue using Telstra. If Telstra offer it outright, I'll line up with Telstra. Choices choices...

Do you know if the Apple Store is selling (present day iPhone 3G) iPhone outright in Telstra? Does T-Life stores sell them outright?

mitty
17th June 2009, 10:40 AM
If the leaked pricing is correct I'll get a 32gb model on the $19 plan. Won't do it on the first day, will wait probably a few weeks.

Beaner
17th June 2009, 10:59 AM
Yeah i wonder what time the queue will be starting at... I know they open at 8am.

mitty
17th June 2009, 11:04 AM
Last time they opened at 6. I got there at 5.30 and was 104 in the line (Melb TLife). We finally got served at 8.30.

Jay
17th June 2009, 11:08 AM
Last time they opened at 6. I got there at 5.30 and was 104 in the line (Melb TLife). We finally got served at 8.30.
There werent 20 ppl in George Street T-Life store in Sydney as far as I know . . but there were over 200 for Optus line at the Apple Store . .

TheWatchman
17th June 2009, 11:51 AM
There werent 20 ppl in George Street T-Life store in Sydney as far as I know . . but there were over 200 for Optus line at the Apple Store . .

No, there was more than 20 for T-Life, the apple people were trying to bring them over to the Apple store because there was no line at that point in time for Telstra bu the customers just looked confused :P