PDA

View Full Version : Apple Online Store - Amazing

cejay
16th June 2009, 07:06 PM
Living in Cairns, we have 1 Apple shop (quite good) but they have limited stock. I'd talked myself into the 24" display and my partner is a teacher at a local store, so the discounted price made the outrageous price no more palatable, but you can't go past a discount can you?

Entered the order on the online store on Sunday afternoon. Had a delivery status update yesterday that it was in Cairns shipping depot yesterday afternoon. Item delivered to my work place at 10am this morning. From Sydney!

Impressed.

I've gone from being totally ambivalent about Apple products to someone who has a 2008 MB, display, iphone and dock combo. That goes with my old 1st generation Nano, second generation Nano and the itouch that my partner now uses. Oh Dear.

kevinnugent
16th June 2009, 08:11 PM
Living in Cairns, we have 1 Apple shop (quite good) but they have limited stock. I'd talked myself into the 24" display and my partner is a teacher at a local store, so the discounted price made the outrageous price no more palatable, but you can't go past a discount can you?

Teacher at a local store you say? Nice..... :) I won't tell.

Congrats on the delivery... you're well on your way to Apply Nirvana.

lazychef
16th June 2009, 08:16 PM
I hope you used the MacTalk link for the Apple Online store!
Congrats on the purchases, yes the Apple delivery system is awesome. Going to order a few things early next week myself. Can't wait.

cejay
16th June 2009, 09:33 PM
Teacher at a local store you say? Nice..... :) I won't tell.

Well done on the pick. I blame....er, my own teacher for not teaching me well enough to spell!

Nah, she really is a teacher at the local school. Interesting thing is, at no time has she been asked to provide verification.