PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset

Fitzy55
18th June 2005, 06:33 PM
hi i've got a motorola bluetooth headset HS850 and i'm trying to get my imac to pick it up but when i scan for it, it dose not detect it. Any one have any ideas. thanks

mvjs
18th June 2005, 06:48 PM
There are 2 types of Bluetooth headsets, a bluetooth dongle headset and a bluetooth headset. The dongle headset is only reachable by a mobile phone or some sort, on the other hand a bluetooth headset is reachable by any bluetooth device. (I saw it on Call for Help, another guy had the same problem)

smithster
18th June 2005, 07:01 PM
I occaisionaly use a plantronics headsset with skype and it took a lot of attempts befor I got it to work, but it works well, have you tried looking at sound prefs in system pref's? You may need to toggle something in there as far as I can remember

Soap
18th June 2005, 10:52 PM
from what i have heard, most of the mobile phone branded headsets do not link up to macs easily.
aftermarket headsets pair up with any device thrown their way. Make sure you have the latest version of bluetooth available on your mac.

collin
19th June 2005, 06:26 AM
i run a phone BT headset on mine - try changing ichat - pref - video and then select the headset and/or mic there - works for me.

iluvmymactoo
19th June 2005, 07:30 AM
I have the same headset and it does indeed set with your Mac (as do all mobile phone headsets). If you're running Tiger you will have the latest BT firmware, if you're still on Panther check that you have this BT Firmware update (http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/bluetoothfirmwareupdater12.html)

Setting up your headset is simple:-

1. Go to Set Up Bluetooth Device and choose headset
2. On the headset do the following....
- with the headset's boom closed press and hold the multifunction button until the blueish indicator turns on (about 3 seconds)
- release the button, then open the boom
3. On your Mac in the BT device setup where you have chosen the headset continue the usual procedure to setup the device
4. When prompted for a passkey enter the numbers 0000

Fitzy55
22nd June 2005, 02:16 PM
Hi people

Thanks for the help. I just found out the headset is stuff, it's new to. So i'll have to take it back.
It's nice to see so many people willing to help.

1985user
13th July 2005, 09:10 AM
I'm also having problems with the same headset. Motorola HS850 (which works as it is paired with my phone). When I use the bluetooth set up utility, it can locate the device but when I and say connect, I get an error message saying that "headsets are not supported on my hardware".

As far as I know, I am up to date with all software, fiirmware etc. I use a powerbook G4, 1.25mz with the built in bluetooth modem (which does link to my phone!)

leharicot
13th July 2005, 09:51 AM
i have a SE headset paired with my Motorola V3. i too had problems pairing the headset with my PB. i have found that if the headset is paired with the mobile, the computer wont pick it up. Disconnect the headset from the mobile (either turn the mobile off, put it out of range, or go through the menus) and then the computer will pick up the headset no dramas. i use the headset to record voice into garage band.

1985user
13th July 2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by leharicot@Jul 13 2005, 09:51 AM
i have a SE headset paired with my Motorola V3. i too had problems pairing the headset with my PB. i have found that if the headset is paired with the mobile, the computer wont pick it up. Disconnect the headset from the mobile (either turn the mobile off, put it out of range, or go through the menus) and then the computer will pick up the headset no dramas. i use the headset to record voice into garage band.
I have tried this. The PB picks up the headset (and in fact calls it the correct name), but when I press "continue", it then gives my the message that it can't link?

Thanks