PDA

View Full Version : Quick time question

Secoa
19th June 2004, 02:14 PM
I have just watched the QuickTime web-cast for the launch of the UK iTunes music store and I was wanting to know how i could rip the web-cast to CD so I could share it with a friend who I am trying and convince them to convert to the wonderful world of Mac's. My friend only has dial up and it would be easier to give them a CD.

Can anyone help? Do I need to upgrade to QuickTime Pro??

Thanks

Secoa

decryption
19th June 2004, 03:54 PM
I have all the webcasts on the Quicktime site burned on one DVDs with menus ;)

The easiest way to save them, is to find the URL of the file! If you view the HTML of the page with the link to the webcast, you will find the URL of where the file that is streamed is located. Put that into a download manager (like Speed Download or iGetter) and it will download the entire Quicktime file, letting you do whatever you like with it :P

Disko
19th June 2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by decryption@Jun 19 2004, 03:24 PM
Put that into a download manager (like Speed Download or iGetter)
or just paste the link into Safari's download window. ;)

Secoa
19th June 2004, 08:11 PM
Guys I must be doing something wrong as I thought I got the right URL for this web-cast and when I copied it to Speed Download 2 the file was only 4k in size.

the URL for this web-cast was

http://stream.qtv.apple.com/events/jun/itms/london_ref.mov

I also tied this in download manager of Safari and I got the same result.

Surely the file size would be larger as the web-cast goes for 60 minutes??

What am I doing wrong here? javascript:emoticon(':(')

Disko
19th June 2004, 08:23 PM
aaah. it looks like that file is a refferer - eg, it just tells the browser to get the movie viewer going, and then tells the movie player what to play.

I'm not sure from here how to get it. :/

Phillip
19th June 2004, 09:54 PM
open the file in text edit and there should be another link or something. follow it until u find the actual movie.

oh sorry for hijacking ur thread but does anyone have macworld videos for 2003 or 2002 or earlier? or anything before wwdc 2003? thanks :)

Disko
19th June 2004, 10:01 PM
the_argon won a DVD set of last year's. 70 hrs of video iirc. :)

the_argon
20th June 2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Disko@Jun 19 2004, 09:31 PM
the_argon won a DVD set of last year's. 70 hrs of video iirc. :)
heh, try 70GB...

and for clarification it's of the WWDC 2003

I've still only managed to watch a couple of hours of it :ph34r:

Secoa
21st June 2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Phillip@Jun 19 2004, 09:54 PM
open the file in text edit and there should be another link or something. follow it until u find the actual movie.

I opened the file in text editor and I couldn't find a link. Below is the file that I opened.

Sorry for been the slow one here but I would really like to be able to share this web-cast (and others) with someone who is a sceptic on Mac's.

Thanks