PDA

View Full Version : Voice Memo recordings very quiet

ausdan
11th June 2009, 07:37 AM
Hi,

I've managed to get my hands on a GM of iPhone OS 3 and currently testing it out. I've made a couple of voice recordings using the new included app. However these recordings are extremely quiet when played back. Is there someway to make the recordings louder or do you need to buy an external mic to make proper use of this app?

Thanks,

ausdan

Spr0gs
11th June 2009, 09:13 AM
fine here; talk louder.

scritch
11th June 2009, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I've managed to get my hands on a GM of iPhone OS 3 and currently testing it out. I've made a couple of voice recordings using the new included app. However these recordings are extremely quiet when played back. Is there someway to make the recordings louder or do you need to buy an external mic to make proper use of this app?

Thanks,

ausdan

Make sure you press the "Speaker" button in the top left of the App, otherwise they are just coming through the earpiece.

Regards,
Shane.

Rant
11th June 2009, 09:51 AM
On the previous OS, your mouth needed to be less than 150mm (6") away from the Mic to get reasonable volume.

It could do a surprisingly adequate job of recording meetings and lectures (and even one-to-one conversations while in your jeans pocket), but you wouldn't be able to play these to anyone else/use them in a podcast, if you know what I mean.

I would expect this to be the same with 3.0. Have you tried iTalk Recorder (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=293673304&mt=8) (free) to compare levels?

ausdan
11th June 2009, 05:56 PM
The iTalk app seems much better and louder. Think I will continue to use it for the time being.

Rant
11th June 2009, 09:45 PM
The iTalk app seems much better and louder. Think I will continue to use it for the time being.

Interesting. I wonder if Apple's solution will be improved before 3.0 release?
Glad iTalk is working for you, though.