PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp - HELP

marsha35
11th June 2009, 05:23 AM
OK - I've had my mac mini for about 3 years. I have the Intel Core Duo - the 2 HDs. I've NEVER used the other hard drive - for PC programs. I've never used Boot Camp. It seems mine has expired when I try to get it. I have a CD I need to use in Windows. How in the world do I do that? Can I buy Boot Camp? Is there some other way to use the CD? I am completely lost. Thanks!

Phil5150
11th June 2009, 07:31 AM
Need more info, what Mac OS are you running? Anything with Tiger or before needs to be updated to Leopard as Tiger no longer supports Boot Camp as it was a Beta, or you can install Parallels Desktop (there are a few other Emulating software out there) in Mac OS (no need for Boot camp that way)

marsha35
11th June 2009, 07:51 AM
OS X 10.4.11.

Phil5150
11th June 2009, 08:20 AM
Will you be playing games on the Mac Mini or using a program in Windows that is CPU hungry, if not then all you need is one of the Windows emulating software such as Parallels Desktop, or upgrade to 10.5 (Leopard) and you will be able to run boot camp,
10.5 is well worth the upgrade IMO.....

marsha35
11th June 2009, 11:57 AM
If I get the proper software to run Windows - what do I do when I start the computer to get it to start in Windows?