PDA

View Full Version : Any 13" MBP in stock. Melbourne?

Alessiman
9th June 2009, 01:41 PM
Hey,

I'm heading overseas on Thursday and this is a good chance to buy the new machine as I can claim the GST

Not sure I can trust the Apple Store to deliver in 24 hours to looking for a B&M store in the CBD

Anyone seen the new models in stock yet?

Alessiman
9th June 2009, 03:04 PM
Well I let my fingers do the walking.

Have a 13" MBP for pickup tomorrow hopefully from MyMac on Flinders St

proctor
9th June 2009, 03:06 PM
Are they in the Apple stores yet?

DaveOZ
9th June 2009, 03:08 PM
Are they in the Apple stores yet?

they are on available on the Apple Store online fore 24hr delivery so I imagine they are in the shops.

leoleakey
9th June 2009, 03:08 PM
nop
just come back from chadstone and doncaster apple store

leoleakey
9th June 2009, 03:09 PM
they are on available on the Apple Store online fore 24hr delivery so I imagine they are in the shops.

i orderd my it's establish shipping time is 10JUN - 12JUN

mrshibby
9th June 2009, 03:19 PM
Well I let my fingers do the walking.

Have a 13" MBP for pickup tomorrow hopefully from MyMac on Flinders St

May I ask which one you opted for? Cheers

proctor
9th June 2009, 03:21 PM
leoleakey did you ask when they'd be instore? What are they selling the old ones for instore?

Alessiman
9th June 2009, 03:21 PM
May I ask which one you opted for? Cheers

Flinders St. Its the only one in Melbourne

leoleakey
9th June 2009, 03:28 PM
leoleakey did you ask when they'd be instore? What are they selling the old ones for instore?

they hoping tomorrow
still the old one
and i really want to stop the ppl buying the MB there

mrshibby
9th June 2009, 03:37 PM
Flinders St. Its the only one in Melbourne

Haha sorry I meant which model MBP ;)

leoleakey
9th June 2009, 03:39 PM
Thank-you for your e-mail to the Apple Online Store.

We have looked into your order and understand that you have placed an order for a 15.4" MacBook Pro today.

The item is estimated to be ship out within the next 24 hours and delivery is estimated to be between 10th to 12th June 2009.

Once the item is shipped, you will receive a shipment notification email providing you the delivery tracking details

Alessiman
9th June 2009, 05:22 PM
Haha sorry I meant which model MBP ;)

13" 2.54Ghz model

I really only need it for a tax writeoff and to survive my very long flight to Manila on Thursday

mrshibby
9th June 2009, 06:00 PM
13" 2.54Ghz model

I really only need it for a tax writeoff and to survive my very long flight to Manila on Thursday

Nice, I was thinking about the base model to accompany my 24" iMac.

I only really need it for surfing, maybe some photo editing and I also wanted to use it to run Plex through my TV, do you think the base model can handle that?

Alessiman
9th June 2009, 06:14 PM
Nice, I was thinking about the base model to accompany my 24" iMac.

I only really need it for surfing, maybe some photo editing and I also wanted to use it to run Plex through my TV, do you think the base model can handle that?

Easily, My previous Macbook the original white macbook from '06 handled video very well. I couldn't imagine how this one couldn't do the same

no_info
9th June 2009, 07:18 PM
Is there anything 'wrong' with the just superseaded 2.4ghz 13 inch macbook as JB said they will go on sale first thing tomorrow (Wed 10th) for a 'never to be repeated price'... Suggested arround $2,000 would be possible.

jetsetkiwi
9th June 2009, 07:33 PM
Is this at all JB Hifi Stores, and for the MacBook Pros as well?

no_info
9th June 2009, 08:03 PM
Yes JB Hi Fi - all older models were to go on sale this Wednesday.

jetsetkiwi
9th June 2009, 08:13 PM
Online or instore only?

no_info
9th June 2009, 08:59 PM
I have no idea about on line. This was a manager in a Melbourne store in Prahran.

leoleakey
10th June 2009, 01:22 PM
just got my 2.66 NEW mbp from apple store
so all new model can be found in apple store by now

Alessiman
10th June 2009, 01:27 PM
Picking mine up now. 2nd tier 13" MBP

I guess a slightly used MBA is going on sale very soon!

Alessiman
10th June 2009, 03:00 PM
Ok, an update

It's sitting next to be doing a Migration Assistant transfer of files from my MBA to the new MBP. 1st thoughts are how good the screen looks as how bloody heavy it is compared to my MBA

I'll be able to give it a good test on tomorrow as I have a 8-9 hour flight from Brisbane to Manila. Lets see how that battery lasts on videos

Once I get used to the weight I think its going to be a dream machine

ps. I was the 1st customer to buy the new MBP today from MyMac. I suspect lots of new user reviews later this evening as people come home from work

mrshibby
10th June 2009, 03:38 PM
Ok, an update

It's sitting next to be doing a Migration Assistant transfer of files from my MBA to the new MBP. 1st thoughts are how good the screen looks as how bloody heavy it is compared to my MBA

I'll be able to give it a good test on tomorrow as I have a 8-9 hour flight from Brisbane to Manila. Lets see how that battery lasts on videos

Once I get used to the weight I think its going to be a dream machine

ps. I was the 1st customer to buy the new MBP today from MyMac. I suspect lots of new user reviews later this evening as people come home from work

Any reason why you bought it from MyMac?

Alessiman
10th June 2009, 03:42 PM
Any reason why you bought it from MyMac?

They are not NextByte :p

I've spent over 20k (personal not business) with them and they have always done right by me. Especially with warranty repairs etc

mrshibby
10th June 2009, 03:49 PM
They are not NextByte :p

I've spent over 20k (personal not business) with them and they have always done right by me. Especially with warranty repairs etc

Haha OK, are they any different to ordering online through Apple? Or did you just need it superfast for your trip?

Alessiman
10th June 2009, 03:53 PM
Haha OK, are they any different to ordering online through Apple? Or did you just need it superfast for your trip?

I prefer to support the dealers where possible. But I also needed it superfast for my trip

I've also spent about 10k with CompNow so I have no real alliance with one chain over another

Both have been pretty good to me

mrshibby
10th June 2009, 04:23 PM
I prefer to support the dealers where possible. But I also needed it superfast for my trip

I've also spent about 10k with CompNow so I have no real alliance with one chain over another

Both have been pretty good to me

That's fair enough, good luck on your trip!

djsherly
10th June 2009, 10:32 PM
Don't forget to declare the MBP on the way back in... lol.

proctor
11th June 2009, 09:38 AM
I think if you declare it on the way out with your receipt, you can get your GST back. Its little office just through customs i think that you need to go to as you depart

Alessiman
11th June 2009, 12:42 PM
I think if you declare it on the way out with your receipt, you can get your GST back. Its little office just through customs i think that you need to go to as you depart

It's a work macbook so i won't be declaring it. I get the GST off my business anyways

I do have 2 Nikons SB900's that have just been declared however :)

Sitting in the Qantas Club lounge in Brisbane typing this as I await my flight to Manila

mitty
11th June 2009, 12:50 PM
I have no idea about on line. This was a manager in a Melbourne store in Prahran.

I went there yesterday. Older Unibody Macbook base model was 1748.

I bought my white Macbook the day after the unibodies came out and got it for a good price from JB as well. If you don't care about the features of the new models then this does seem like a good deal.