PDA

View Full Version : Optus OS 3.0 FAQ page

mitty
9th June 2009, 09:32 AM
Not sure if this only appeared this morning, but Optus has a page up with FAQ's about 3.0 and installing on your existing phone.

Optus 3.0 info page. (http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Template_wRHS&FP=/personal/mobile/iphone3G/faqsiphoneossoftware&site=personal)

bok
9th June 2009, 09:37 AM
I like how they completely fail to mention tethering at all.

I'm actually wishing that they didn't support tethering, the network can hardly handle the traffic they've got.

morn
9th June 2009, 10:05 AM
It's not like people are going to be able to overload the network with tethering, with the caps they got...

Phase
9th June 2009, 10:06 AM
It's not like people are going to be able to overload the network with tethering, with the caps they got...

Well, we won't be overloading it, because it already is.

Vodafone is looking better every day :confused:

morn
9th June 2009, 10:09 AM
I have few issues with Optus's speed.
It's their coverage that's awful.

Sebastianmonty
9th June 2009, 11:36 AM
I find optus's speed to be bad but there coverage is better than Vodafones. Where I lived it was anyway.

morn
9th June 2009, 11:45 AM
Their 2G coverage is fine, unless you're in the outback.
Their 3G network is awful full of dead spots.

mcargy08
9th June 2009, 12:50 PM
the link cannot be found now...

darksplat
9th June 2009, 12:53 PM
Try this one now (http://personal.optus.com.au/web/ocaportal.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=Template_wRHS&FP=/personal/mobile/iphone3G/faqsiphoneossoftware&site=personal)

mitty
9th June 2009, 12:54 PM
^ hm, still there but the direct link doesn't appear to work for some reason. Navigate to the iphone page on the optus website and you'll find it there.

NeoRicen
9th June 2009, 12:55 PM
Working for me. (Safari 4)

Phase
9th June 2009, 12:56 PM
It can take several attempts, the cookies are kinda whacked out.

NeoRicen
9th June 2009, 12:58 PM
It can take several attempts, the cookies are kinda whacked out.
Optus' whole bloody site is whacked out.

TheWatchman
9th June 2009, 12:59 PM
I would go for a iPhone 3G S Pricing and current iPhone owners FAQ

Phase
9th June 2009, 01:06 PM
In other news, Optus executives are delighted to report that they have finally determined the difference between their heads and their assholes.

Customers can expect very little change, sources say.

The_Hawk
9th June 2009, 01:12 PM
I would go for a iPhone 3G S Pricing and current iPhone owners FAQ

Ah, the million dollar question! Quickly followed by "and how much is my current 16GB iPhone now worth?"

TheWatchman
9th June 2009, 01:29 PM
Ah, the million dollar question! Quickly followed by "and how much is my current 16GB iPhone now worth?"

Well it's a bit of a novelty item, you can't get those any more (you can still get 8GB iPhone 3Gs though).

ljeffs16
9th June 2009, 03:44 PM
I also noticed that in the iPhone 3G FAQ under Network FAQs, it now states "Visual Voice Mail will not be available." I'm sure this used to read something similar to that it will not be available at launch, which gave us some hope. After waiting patiently for nearly a year now, this is not a good sign...

Doobsy
9th June 2009, 06:22 PM
Uh-oh...

Ch.7 news (Bris) has just said that the new iPhone has been released with all these great new features... (and goes on to list them).

Then... The new features are available for the current iPhone.

Talk about giving the GP the complete picture...

black painter
9th June 2009, 06:54 PM
Im on virgin (the optus network) and its been crap the last few days for me. Untill now I have never had any dropouts. Now its happening every day when driving through Melbourne. I have lost count of the amout of dropout messeges on the the phone. Cant wait till all the data increases at the end of the mouth.

Thunderstruck
9th June 2009, 07:25 PM
Anyone else notice it says perosnal not personal on the title bar of the page?

wmyeoh
9th June 2009, 08:18 PM
Anyone else notice it says perosnal not personal on the title bar of the page?

Haha. Damn. I was just going to say that.

Gotta love Optus.

jusrus
11th June 2009, 12:09 PM
"Postpaid MMS

Standard MMS rates apply for your application rate plan.
If you are connected to a 'yes' iPhone Cap, Business iPhone Caps or Non Cap Rate Plan the following rates are applicable:
Standard National - 50c
International - 75c
'yes' Timeless Plans and Business Timeless Plans - Standard National MMS is unlimited"

So does this mean its included in the cap, or is it an extra charge?

mcargy08
11th June 2009, 12:16 PM
"Postpaid MMS

Standard MMS rates apply for your application rate plan.
If you are connected to a 'yes' iPhone Cap, Business iPhone Caps or Non Cap Rate Plan the following rates are applicable:
Standard National - 50c
International - 75c
'yes' Timeless Plans and Business Timeless Plans - Standard National MMS is unlimited"

So does this mean its included in the cap, or is it an extra charge?

its included in the cap.