PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for drawing/doodling iphone app?

microportal
4th June 2009, 02:13 PM
Hi guys i am interested in an iphone app for drawing/sketching and endless hour of doodling. Found a few out there. Not sure which to choose. Wondering if anyone who actually have similar apps and can recommend/condemn on the following merits:
1. Allow for various brush sizes as i would like to sketch fine line art (i am hoping to get a iphone stylus for that:))
2. Allow for good export or file transfer back to my mac
3.Fast and responsive
4.Hmm that is all i need i am a very simple man

decryption
4th June 2009, 02:34 PM
Colors (http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/)seems to be the popular one.

microportal
4th June 2009, 03:00 PM
Just got it...looks nice the gallery is exactly what i was looking for :)
Thanks

Darwiniandude
4th June 2009, 07:12 PM
Colors does seem to be the best. It's not what was used for the recent 'New Yorker' cover art, but Colors wasn't available when the artist got his app.

A nice thing about Colors is you can choose brushes which have brush width controlled via tilt! Or, choose a brush where colour opacity is controlled via tilt. Really allows to you to be extremely expressive with practice.

Now, can we buy those iPhone styluses here in Australia? And if not, are there any merits doing a group buy on the forums?

microportal
6th June 2009, 02:25 AM
i saw a few in computer swap meets (that is why i decided to get the app), did not enquire much about them at that time, might have a look when i can.