PDA

View Full Version : Dock positions - Screen preference.

Seon
4th June 2009, 02:00 PM
Ok, I have 3 screens running off my MP, and the center one, my main one is a 30" screen that my dock is on.

Before I put the 3rd screen on (now on right), my dock used to sit vertically on the right hand side of my 30" screen, exactly where I wanted it.

Now it sits on the right of the 3rd screen, because thee doesn't seem to be a way of telling the dock which screen to be on.

Is there a tweak/fix/tool that can allow me to have my dock on my center screen, but vertically on the right?

pengu
4th June 2009, 03:21 PM
I dont think this is possible. AFAIK it has to be on an edge of the Desktop not the Monitor.

Seon
4th June 2009, 03:45 PM
Ahh, ok, that makes sense.

Ok, will have to get used to having it at bottom of main screen again... only took me months to get used to it being on the side! Haha.

Thanks pengu!

marc
4th June 2009, 05:00 PM
Maybe arrange the screens (in prefs) so that the Mac thinks the right screen is actually far left? Might be a bit confusing to use though.

lazychef
4th June 2009, 05:12 PM
Could you put it on the left hand side of the far right screen?
Therefore its like right near where it was before?

-edit- Just realised that wouldn't work, it would obviously be position on the left hand side of the desktop therefor on the far left screen. Ignore me.