PDA

View Full Version : Macbook 2.4Ghz freezing issues

Ozi
2nd June 2009, 08:06 PM
Hi there,

My newish MB has been freezing frequently. Bought it at the start of May.

Before taking it in to an ASP, I thought I would just check with you knowledgeable Mactalkers that I have trouble shot the issue correctly.

The computer will freeze not kernal panic: just completely freeze.
This occurs once or twice a day, and tends to occur more frequently when the computer is being used for graphics intensive applications: games, itunes visualiser etc.
When it freezes, the ONLY way to fix it is hold down the power button for 3 seconds (hard shut down)
Memtest shows that the RAM is all OK
Furthermore, the problem occured with my original 2GB of Apple RAM, and has continued now with my 4GB of third-party RAM installed
The issue will manifest even if only iTunes is running with the visualiser turned on, and no other Apps are open

My Mac was a Refurb, and I suspect that the main logic board is on the fritz. What are your thoughts?

Any help is appreciated.

~Ozi.

MissionMan
2nd June 2009, 09:31 PM
Swap the ram, I had the same issues and it was ram compatibility. Even if the ram tests picks it up as okay, it still doesn't mean its okay.

DeanCorp
2nd June 2009, 10:32 PM
Swap the ram, I had the same issues and it was ram compatibility. Even if the ram tests picks it up as okay, it still doesn't mean its okay.

He has already tried two sets of ram, stock 2GB and the 4GB kit.

Sounds to me like a faulty logic board.