PDA

View Full Version : iTunes - Which account?

The_Hawk
2nd June 2009, 04:04 PM
Is there anyway from within iTunes or with some third party tool to show which account owns which files including podcasts, apps, video and music?

What I want to do is consolidate two accounts into one, so while I know this cannot be done, I know that I have have bought very little with one of the two accounts, so re-buying or doing without those few apps/songs isn't an issue.

BUT

There are plenty of free apps/podcasts etc that have been grabbed with the account I want to get rid of... while I can re-download the ones I want to keep, I would like an easy way of working out what files need to be looked at...

Anyone know how I could go about this?

Phunky
2nd June 2009, 04:26 PM
You could select the files and add a comment to them to tell them apart

tcn33
2nd June 2009, 07:00 PM
While you can see which account owns them in Get Info, it doesn't appear to be a criterion you can use for either display (i.e as a column in library view) or in a Smart Playlist.

You might be able to find an Applescript that does what you're after at Doug's Scripts (http://dougscripts.com/itunes/).

Trabb
2nd June 2009, 07:33 PM
If you contact iTunes support there might actually be a way to consolidate the two accounts.

The_Hawk
3rd June 2009, 09:21 AM
If you contact iTunes support there might actually be a way to consolidate the two accounts.

Unless something has changed, I don't believe there is.

I did go through my account last night and delete most of my apps, most of which I don't use. The ones I did want to keep I re-downloaded with the other account. There is still a few things I have bought, or got as a freebie which are now a paid apps with the old account which I want to keep... I might just re-buy them to keep everything neat, but we will see.