PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Plastic Bits

theReasonableMan
13th June 2005, 07:13 AM
Morning all - is it possible to get replacements for those bits of plastic that come with Apple cabling? I lost the dome-shaped bit that protects the Powerbook end of my power supply.

Why would anyone want to replace those? That's a really good question...I'm sure Freud would say something about this... :D

Rayd
13th June 2005, 08:00 AM
you might have to ask a service guy at a apple store, they can sureley get that part.

by the way, what part is it? the hooks on the powersuply that let you wrap the cable on? or the bit you put in your fingertips to plug in the cable to the powerbook?

Byrd
13th June 2005, 09:31 AM
How'd you lose it? I'd doubt Apple have a replacement part, they'd want to replace the whole unit due to it now being a 'hazard'. If it's what I think it is, this part is there to stop kinking of the cable.

I'd say it's time for some ghetto modding :)

JB

geektechnu
13th June 2005, 09:38 AM
the dome-shaped bit
Guys, I think he means the small transparent protector cap.

I know I've got one lying around somewhere - haven't seen it for months.
It occurs to me know that maybe it's not all that useful?

The Architect.mac
13th June 2005, 09:41 AM
Reasonable man said the dome shaped bit that protects the powerbook end

I think he means the little dome cap that goes on the powerbook end, its worth all of $1 i reckon, i think a local apple shop tech might have one out the back you know, worth a try.

Cheers

Rayd
13th June 2005, 10:06 AM
wow... i threw mine out as soon as i took it off! didnt seem all that important to me :P

On-Site-Tec
13th June 2005, 10:20 AM
Those things became an annoyance. If you take care of it, even if only a little bit, then it shouldnt matter :P

The things are really hard to find once you take them off as well! :P

Mine gets chucked in and out of my bag alone with other non-apple related things about 1 to 3 times a day. I think its 6 months old now. So if and when it might happen that the end gets damaged. Im not worried to buy a replacement power supply (Shiney new and scratch free :D)

Squozen
13th June 2005, 11:53 AM
My endcap is safely in a drawer! My girlfriend lost hers a few days after getting her PowerBook. I consider the endcap one of the few design flaws in the portable range - the power supply should have some kind of compartment or something to store the cap once you remove it.

theReasonableMan
20th June 2005, 05:44 PM
Hello everyone - I did mean the transparent cap that goes on the power supply cable.