PDA

View Full Version : Apple's Mobile Learning Roadshow

ColinChaps
29th May 2009, 11:28 AM
I was fortunate enough to attend the Mobile Learning Roadshow by Apple, last night. It was held in an Auditorium at the Vic College of the Arts in St Kilda road. The presentation went for 90 mins followed up with drinks and Nibbles.

I figured we were in for something interesting, when upon arrival, each person was issued with (had to give it back) an IPod Touch. The ipod had been loaded up with apps and stuff that reflected what is happening within Australia and overseas, in Mobile Learning, for us to play with.

The presentation itself was a fantasic display of whats happening out there, and the ongoing intrest Uni's are showing in developing Apps for the iphone/ipod touch.

The ipod we had been given was setup with an app that we could vote for our choices or thoughts, which was then displayed on the main screen in live time.

My Thoughts:

I am a MAC user at home and of course I have an iPhone, At work I have a PC on which I do most of my work, and I also have a macbook. I work in the education sector, and work within IT in the Library environment.

I was already fairly aware of whats happening....(well thats what I thought anyway) So after the roadshow finished I was struck by two thoughts. The first was...wow I mean WOW, look at what can be done. and the second being, why doesn't everyone in the world have an iPhone, and why do other companies even try and outdo the iPhone. I reckon that its going be a long time before anybody will be able to offer what Apple can in relation to Mobile Learning. :D :)

Beau
29th May 2009, 03:03 PM
Ditto - I attended the event in Adelaide two weeks ago. :) Was really nice to see actual workflows, etc put into use.

mobilAp is one really cool piece of software!