PDA

View Full Version : Safari 3.2.1 Flash file problem

sydbill
27th May 2009, 09:48 PM
Hi guys,
I cannot get the Flash video files on the SMH web page(Video - Brian Eno launches Vivid Sydney - The Sydney Morning Herald (http://media.smh.com.au/entertainment/red-carpet/brian-eno-launches-vivid-sydney-541636.html)) to play in Safari for some reason although Firefox 2 plays them OK.

I have checked the Safari preferences and all seem OK. The problem seems to be with the video settings on the SMH web page. Once selected the video speed setting in Safari won't stay and has not been retained hence the video file won't play.

It appears, by comparing Firefox and Safari that the cookie sent out by the web page regarding the selected playing speed is not received by Safari but is by Firefox.

Any ideas on getting Safari to play the files??

Intel Mac, OS X.5.6, Safari 3.2.1, Adobe Flash 10

leon
27th May 2009, 09:50 PM
They don't work for me with 10.5.7 and Safari 3.2.3 or Safari 4.
Not sure what version of Flash I have.

craigc
27th May 2009, 11:44 PM
Doesn't work for me with 10.5.7 with Safari 4. I am using the latest version of flash.

I think that there are some issues with Flash and 10.5.7. I just tried to install KidZui for my kids, and when I tried to install it, I get an error message saying that I need to install flash.

johnq
28th May 2009, 12:07 PM
I emailed the SMH techs on this. This is a known error that they are "working" on. Email follows.

"Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to report this issue. We are currently aware of a Safari issue that has caused some video content to not play via our sites. We are working on a solution to this and will have it implemented as soon as possible. I apologise for the annoyance this has caused and thank you for your patience.
Regards,

Ashley

Fairfax Digital Support"

rodeodee
28th May 2009, 01:40 PM
I have to say Flash and Safari are often a memory hog on my 1.5 powerbook. Nothing seems to bring my machine to its knees like a few tabs open on news sites with those flash banners ending my fan into overdrive. Very depressing.