PDA

View Full Version : iphone white screen. Lcd broken?

aaronpetty820
25th May 2009, 11:33 PM
So before i get bashed for being a newbie. I dropped my phone the glass is broken the digitizer seems to work because i can hear myself dial numbers. But the screen is white. I did the research i did all the resets and restores for the white screen. So is the lcd broken? if so would i need to replace the lcd and just glass screen. Or also just put in a new digitizer as well?

forno
27th May 2009, 08:00 AM
Chances are if there was enough shock to break the glass, then its broken the screen too.

Take it to apple they will tell you for sure

Taylor
15th December 2010, 06:23 PM
yeah, my advise is to take it to an iPhone service.

@ Williner -

How did you solve this problem?

Ninaaconnelly
1st September 2014, 01:20 AM
This has happened to me twice now, I broke the front screen the first time and the screen just went blank and a few minutes later it began to turn yellow then black then the phone turned off. I got my phone screen replaced for $70 (at the cheapest) then it was good to go.
This time around well just a few hours ago, my phone did the same thing, however I took my cover off and found that the back screen was smashed too, the phone screen went yellow then black then turned off.
In order for a quick fix, just get the screen replaced at the cheapest place or there are DIY packs on eBay if you're willing to wait a few days or so to get it fixed for cheaper.
I suggest getting it done ASAP since the LCD might fry other parts of the phone if it is not fixed early. Good luck