PDA

View Full Version : Tethering a phone to use the modem connection with OSX Leopard, and the 3 network

Bethro
19th May 2009, 10:15 PM
*** TO MODS: Sorry, I posted this in the iPhone and App. Store Forum by mistake, I wondered why I could never see it in the list of threads when I came to the iPhone and Mobile Phones forum. Re-starting thread here

see here (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/39/64479-tethering-phone-use-modem-connection-osx-leopard-3-network.html)

Sorry if this is the wrong way of doing things....***

Could anyone help me with setting up my Sony Ericsson z610i with my iMac for tethering? I am with 3 and want to be able to use my free 3GB monthly allowance on my iMac. I am having a bit of trouble with the settings etc. I got it working for a minute or so, but it dropped out and now won't connect again and says check the modem settings
Any help would be appreciated.

choy
20th May 2009, 03:52 AM
check the disconnect if idle setting in PPP under the >network preferences>advanced pane for your connection in mac os x control panels.

I think launch 2net is supposed to crap out on you in the demo version. Works fine for many people running the latest Mac os x 10.5.6