PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Excell page display

mulquemi
17th May 2009, 10:11 AM
Dear Mac users,
I have been using microsoft office for years and with its evolution from
OS 8 to 10.5.7 at lot of changes have gone on.
I use excell with PPC mac's only (at this stage) and on a variety of displays (CRT's and LCDs) small and large.
I have moved one mac onto my sister inlaw who is very proficent in its use although on PC machines only and I upgraded her CRT monitor to a 19" LCD.
She is having difficulty with the display on the LCD in the layout of pages.
From the 17" CRT monitor to the 19"LCD the excell displays four pages and has lost it's option to show cell grids (lines).I have had this problem when I went from the 15" LCD apple cinema to the 20" cinema LCD apple and I located this and was able to fix the issue myself,however now I seem to have forgotten how.
Is there anyone who may be able to (in baby steps) set me straight ,as to how to get the display to one page and complete with the cell grid lines?
Seems now that I am beyond 50 odd years of age I get these "senior moments"
Thanks in anticipation,
mulquemi

macmick
17th May 2009, 11:19 AM
View -> Normal

mulquemi
18th May 2009, 10:28 PM
Dear Macmick,
At the risk of being shown up as a "great goose"(that I am),I finally found the problem to my page display issue.
When in preferences in excel>general,to display gridlines click on the gridlines tick box and then click on "Ok" and it works!!!!
Seems I had been doing the correct ticking and unticking etc etc but didn't click on the OK to apply the changes.
Something soooooooo simple such as this was overlooked, the most annoying thing about all of this is I've tripped over this issue before and was able to resolve it myself and completely forgot how to do it.
Thanks for all the support,It is so wonderful to be able to access such a supportive mac community.
Thanks from a goose in appreciation.
mulquemi