PDA

View Full Version : Print to DVD

KevL
15th May 2009, 12:25 AM
I'm sure this must have been asked but a search doesn't reveal anything.
Is there any software for Leopard for printing on DVD's and CD's. I used to use Roxio Express labeler with windows but I can't seem to find any Mac equivalent.

Thanks

Kev

mmulhern
15th May 2009, 08:42 AM
My Epson came with DVD/CD printing software. Clunky, but it works. Have you checked to see if your printer vendor has Mac drivers & software available?

Cookieboi
15th May 2009, 08:45 AM
My Epson came with DVD/CD printing software. Clunky, but it works. Have you checked to see if your printer vendor has Mac drivers & software available?

My Canon printer came with the same. I think most printers that are able to print onto disc have their own software for it, you may have to go to the manufacturer's site to grab a mac version tho.

The_Hawk
15th May 2009, 09:33 AM
Head to manufacturers website and you should find something.

My Canon printer came with the same. I think most printers that are able to print onto disc have their own software for it, you may have to go to the manufacturer's site to grab a mac version tho.

I'm impressed that Canon's CD printing software is working over the Airport Extreme from the Mac, the PC just says "no compatible printer connected" or some such thing. (Normal printing works, but for some reason you can't use the disc printing software unless the printer it "detected" :()

KevL
15th May 2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks.

My printer is a HP Photosmart 5280. It came with the Roxio Express Labeler. I'll check HP's website but as nothing was provided from them for windows I don't hold much hope.

That will show me.
I had searched with very broad non specific search parameters to try and improve my chances of finding something. It turns out being very specific returned exactly what I was after. As my printer had just worked on the imac I hadn't bothered to download the HP specific stuff.
The HP software does print to cd / dvd and pretty easily as well. Found this link on macrumors forum.
Mac OS: Printing Directly onto a CD or DVD (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01143520&lc=en&cc=us&product=3204464)

Cookieboi
16th May 2009, 01:02 AM
Head to manufacturers website and you should find something.

I'm impressed that Canon's CD printing software is working over the Airport Extreme from the Mac, the PC just says "no compatible printer connected" or some such thing. (Normal printing works, but for some reason you can't use the disc printing software unless the printer it "detected" :()

I haven't tried printing over wireless yet, i just plug the printer into my MBP when i want to use it.

mac_man_luke
16th May 2009, 01:05 AM
I use Disc Cover 2 RE which came with toast with my epson r210

bartron
16th May 2009, 08:50 AM
I use Disc Cover 2 RE which came with toast with my epson r210

Another vote for Disc Cover. A lot more options and a lot better than the crud that came with the canon printer.

sleek881
25th October 2009, 02:18 PM
Anyone having trouble with Disc Cover working under SL? I have an Epson R210 and can't get to print. Worked fine with 10.5.

nibbles
25th October 2009, 04:47 PM
Yep I use Roxio Disc Cover 2, it works fine over bluetooth to my HP C309a

sleek881
25th October 2009, 05:05 PM
The Epson R210 only seems to supported by the Gutenprint driver which doesn't support all features of the Printer like DVD printing.

Time for a new printer maybe...