PDA

View Full Version : EyeTV question

Bedford
14th May 2009, 08:25 PM
With EyeTV can you tell it to record a particular program every week that it's on?

NeoRicen
14th May 2009, 08:30 PM
Not with EyeTV itself, because of lacking proper guide information (blame the networks for that one), but if you subscribe to IceTV you can get this function (and others).

Costs money, but well worth it.

MotherGoose
14th May 2009, 08:35 PM
Not with EyeTV itself, because of lacking proper guide information (blame the networks for that one), but if you subscribe to IceTV you can get this function (and others).

Costs money, but well worth it.

That information is incorrect.

Highlight the Program you want to record, click on it, add schedule, then click on edit schedule. This will give you a number of options, including repeat weekly.
you don't need ice TV unless you want it, use the DVB guide.

NeoRicen
14th May 2009, 08:44 PM
That information is incorrect.

Highlight the Program you want to record, click on it, add schedule, then click on edit schedule. This will give you a number of options, including repeat weekly.
you don't need ice TV unless you want it, use the DVB guide.
Sorry, been a while since I used EyeTV, couldn't do it then.

Devil rolla
14th May 2009, 09:12 PM
will the dvb change the record time if the network moves the show from 630 to 730 ?

ps, IceTV rocks my EyeTV

richardcavell
14th May 2009, 09:32 PM
Bedford,

Like other people on this forum, I also observe that you can manually set it to record whatever you want. However, IceTV is well worth the few dollars it will cost you.

Richard

Bedford
14th May 2009, 09:53 PM
The tuner I bought came with three months free ice tv but my epg only has two abc channels on it. I emailed ice tv but am waiting on a reply so in the meantime I've been using the normal eyetv guide to see what it's capable of :)

NeoRicen
14th May 2009, 11:03 PM
The tuner I bought came with three months free ice tv but my epg only has two abc channels on it. I emailed ice tv but am waiting on a reply so in the meantime I've been using the normal eyetv guide to see what it's capable of :)
Have you entered your EyeTV log in details and set up guide retrieval?

da_straz
16th May 2009, 12:41 AM
Yeah you have to put your user account name and password in the 'Program Guide' settings in the EyeTV preferences....

Then you have to select it within the Program Guide settings in the Channels window.

I just bought EyeTV, getting my 24" LG LCD monitor on Monday. Dual screen Macbook Pro here I come!!!

I'm trying out IceTV, you can get it for free for 1 month. Don't even need a credit card =)

MotherGoose
16th May 2009, 05:53 AM
5 -10 minutes reading your Eye TV User guide would answer all these questions and more.

Eye TV > Menu > Help > Eye TV Help