PDA

View Full Version : Can't work out how to rotate video

aussiehoudini
14th May 2009, 04:48 PM
Hi, don't even know whether it's possible, the web seems to have nothing on it :( When I play a movie through ipod function it switches to landscape. There doesn't seem to be any way to rotate it to play in portrait. Is it possible?

If I buy a video out cable and plug it into a TV via composite out will the video's be on the side - or the audio controls or will it know how to switch between modes?

My iPhone can rotate in all other programs.

mitty
14th May 2009, 04:51 PM
As far as I'm aware, it's not possible (someone else can correct me if I'm wrong!) The iphone and the ipod touch are both designed to watch video in landscape mode and there's no way to change it. With most video these days being widescreen, I'm not sure why you'd want to anyway? Even 4:3 video looks better in landscape than portrait at least IMHO.

Dust For Eyes
14th May 2009, 05:02 PM
The iphone and the ipod touch are both designed to watch video in landscape mode and there's no way to change it.

From the podcast section, my iPod Touch will play video podcasts in either landscape or portrait mode depending on which way I'm holding it. But when you access the same video podcast via the video section then it only plays them in landscape mode.

aussiehoudini
14th May 2009, 05:26 PM
As far as I'm aware, it's not possible (someone else can correct me if I'm wrong!) The iphone and the ipod touch are both designed to watch video in landscape mode and there's no way to change it. With most video these days being widescreen, I'm not sure why you'd want to anyway? Even 4:3 video looks better in landscape than portrait at least IMHO.

Thanks, does this mean that the video out signal through the RCA composite cable knows how to output the video? i.e. it will play correctly on my TV?