PDA

View Full Version : Uni Body Macbook Battery

vrxguy
13th May 2009, 09:09 AM
Hi Guys,
ive just purchased a new Macbook 13", what do i do re the battary to keep it at its best, do i use the charger all the time so its contiunually charging and then let it run down every so often????? any ideas

leon
13th May 2009, 09:19 AM
I use my Macbook on battery about once to twice a week. I also do not let it run down to <5% charge remaining. I find if I do then the health begins to plummet.

~Coxy
13th May 2009, 10:38 AM
It's best to use the charger whenever possible, but run the battery down once a month or so. Still, it's all a bit of a crapshoot.
People who have 800+ cycles can have really good health, whereas some people with <100 have really crap capacity?

gehenna
13th May 2009, 10:43 AM
You can go into the System Profiler to check the health of your battery from time to time.

Click on the Apple logo on the menu bar, then About This Mac. When that window pops up click on More Info.

This opens up the System Profiler, kind of like the Device Manager in Windows. Under Hardware look for the Power label. Click on Power and on the right side of the window you get a load of info starting with the Battery.

Look for things like Health Information: Cycle Count (the number of full charging cycles the battery has had), Condition (Good, Bad, etc). Also look at Charge Information such as Full Charge Capacity and Charge Remaining. If you charge it up fully and the full charge/remaining charge don't match up then you could have a battery problem.

choy
13th May 2009, 11:36 PM
check this out:
Top 10 Battery Hacks, Tips, And Tricks | Lifehacker Australia (http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2009/05/top-10-battery-hacks-tips-and-tricks/)
basically follow the no. 1 and 2 tip and you'll keep your macbook battery happy