PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Having Trouble Getting A Bto Ibook

SRG
9th June 2005, 05:08 PM
Just wondering if there is anyone else having trouble getting his or her Ibook orders filled at the moment.

I upgraded my Mem, hard-drive and added the Bluetooth on 18 May from NextByte Melbourne.

Today I was informed that NewxtByte had spoken to Apple and been told try calling back Tuesday next week (not it will be in Tuesday next week just Apple might be happy to discuss it again Tuesday next week).

The guys at NextByte said there seemed to a problem on a number of Ibook orders at the moment.

Just wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Needless to say not Happy that a company the size of Apple can't tell me when it will arrive :angry:

OziMac
9th June 2005, 05:14 PM
Updates? Were it not for the shocking developments at WWDC on Monday, I would have suggested that supply problems were due to impending iBook updates next Tuesday... but now I'm not so sure.

Fingers crossed that you receive the iBook soon though.

SRG
9th June 2005, 07:22 PM
Ozimac

The only thing I concede may have impacted was the battery recall. May be they halted production/slowed waiting on the new supply.

Even then though you would think Apple could let people know this.

Kildare
10th June 2005, 02:10 PM
Well the Apple AU online store states 1-2 days only.
Although you have customised your order this at least indicates general supply issues... well... aren't really an issue. :P

I ordered a stock 12" iBook from Melb Uni only to have the wait blow out to over a month.
Cancelled with them & ordered via Apple direct & received it in less than a week.

SRG
10th June 2005, 04:00 PM
In sheer frustration e-mailed Steve Jobs direct (Steve@apple.com) last night.

Said it was the first time I had dealt with Apple and given the experience likely the last. Also had some other things to say about ITMS AU as well.

Pleased to report contacted by the Manager of Executive Relations Australia today as a result and Ibook is ready to ship.

Have to say this is a very impressive response and pretty amazed that e-mail address does actually get taken seriously.

All up Ibook to be with me no later than next Wednesday (allowing for the public holiday on Monday).

Kildare
10th June 2005, 04:07 PM
LOL - enjoy! :)

Sort of wished I'd opt'd for the BT option.

SRG
14th June 2005, 07:49 PM
Pleased to say that I am making this post from my brand new Ibook :D

Highly recommend anyone having trouble with their delivery of Apple products e-mail Steve Jobs.

Happy to send you my e-mail if you are interested.

Kildare
14th June 2005, 07:59 PM
I'll keep that in mind! ;)
Seems things getting sorted when you speak to the man upstairs. :P

EDIT: Just thought I'd let you know to grab iScroll2 for your iBook.
Enables trackpad scrolling & other funky features - definately a great little app.
http://www-users.kawo2.rwth-aachen.de/~razzfazz/