PDA

View Full Version : Convert Partition Map Scheme

Daltasaur
4th May 2009, 10:45 AM
Greetings,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some software that is capable of converting a partition from Apple Partition Map to GUID, preferably non destructively (i know I could use CCC/SouperDooper and Disk Utility) but would like to have a go at saving a few hours.

I was also wondering if it's possible to restore a Windows Partition (prior to getting a new HDD put in my MBP, I took a copy of the boot camp partition using disk utiltiy, and now realise that I forget the original size of the NTFS partition, and have never tested restoring such a thing)

M

Brains
4th May 2009, 12:05 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to non-destructively change the partition map type.

As for backing up your Windows install, use WinClone.

Daltasaur
4th May 2009, 12:32 PM
Bugger re: Map Type

Windows Partition is a case of too late - i took an image of it using disk utility, but not sure if it will be possible to do anything w/ that image.

forgie
4th May 2009, 03:56 PM
To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to non-destructively change the partition map type.

As for backing up your Windows install, use WinClone.
I'm pretty sure you're right Brains, you've gotta start from scratch.

~Coxy
4th May 2009, 04:20 PM
iPartition claims it can convert partition maps, but it costs money and I'v never used it myself.
Coriolis Systems :: Products :: iPartition (http://www.coriolis-systems.com/iPartition.php)