PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on paid software

zigzagler
30th April 2009, 11:54 AM
Hi guys,

1) I was just wondering what is the best alternative to QT Pro since my ultimate objective is to be able to convert any sort of video or audio (ie .swf, .flv, etc) to iphone compatible format or windows compatible format.

2) I came accross stomp & ishowU HD, would anyone recommend those 2 combinations?

3) I'm looking for a download scheduler as I need to schedule downloads only during "off-peak" period (thanks to ISP bandwith restrictions), is there such program for either mac or windows?

4) I heard that syncing Things (iPhone) with Things(mac) will corrupt our Notes, is that true?

5) Does MobileMe allow me to store my video files so that I can have access to it anywhere in the world using my iphone? I know for sure that I could access my mails & photos for sure, but what is the main advantage of using MobileMe since most of us are using gmail (which has such a big storage space) these days.

6) How come my BitTorrent keeps on giving me errors after downloading some files for a while. Also, I notice the bittorrent apps for mac is limited by the download speed determined by your router. Any idea on how to get around that?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

banjo
30th April 2009, 12:11 PM
Don't know about the rest, but for #5: I barely use email on my iPhone anyway, and don't like it when I get emails in the middle of the night, but I love the contacts and calendar syncing, and have even found a use for iDisk (not that I couldn't use other things, but it's convenient to have integration with my Mac).

zigzagler
30th April 2009, 01:04 PM
Don't know about the rest, but for #5: I barely use email on my iPhone anyway, and don't like it when I get emails in the middle of the night, but I love the contacts and calendar syncing, and have even found a use for iDisk (not that I couldn't use other things, but it's convenient to have integration with my Mac).

Can't you turn off your auto-check function in your iphone?