PDA

View Full Version : Optus Coverage < 3 Coverage??

The_Hawk
27th April 2009, 05:30 PM
I'm sitting on a train using 3 Mobile broadband on my laptop... working fine yet the iPhone says No Service or searching... hell even when it has a connection it doesn't get data...

I'm really looking forward to not being on contract and moving to another provider... While Optus have been pretty good to me for the last 13 years, they really don't have the capacity to support a data rich device like the iPhone do they :(

I do keep thinking about going out and grabing a couple of pre-paid SIMs from other providers and see how each one goes... Sadly I think we all want Telstra speed and reliability at Optus prices...

Personally I blame Apple, if it wasn't for them we wouldn't even notice :P /sarcasm

/rant

Carve
27th April 2009, 06:20 PM
i have to agree, optus has its benefits though I prefer 3 much more, they do have service everywhere pretty much

ZeMule
27th April 2009, 06:21 PM
Am loving my iPhone on 3, but something weird happened today... Was at work killing time playing flight control as usual (high score 102 BTW) and when I looked at my home screen I had full '3' reception but was showing an EDGE connection. I thought when I had 3 coverage and not roaming it was always 3G. Thoughts?