PDA

View Full Version : PLS~~Help me free my dvd drive :(

benip
25th April 2009, 02:06 AM
can anyone tell me how i can free the following dvd drive on my imac?

MATSHITADVD-R UJ-875:

Model: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-875
Revision: DB09
Serial Number: fG4206F9
Detachable Drive: No
Protocol: ATAPI
Unit Number: 0
Socket Type: Internal
Low Power Polling: Yes
Power Off: No

Brains
25th April 2009, 03:37 AM
What exactly do you mean by 'free your drive'? Do you mean, "how to I remove it from my iMac"?

Sebastianmonty
25th April 2009, 07:45 AM
Or do you mean make it region free? There is a good guide here to do that. Search if that's what you are after.

benip
25th April 2009, 09:45 AM
Yes, to free the region code. I tried to look up for the information of how to unlock the dvd drive but it is not avaliable for my particular model. can anyone provide any information or alternative solutions? cheers.

Trabb
25th April 2009, 09:50 AM
You can watch most dvds of a different region using VLC player, which if you don't have it, is a free download. Just ignore the region change message and open up the disc in VLC and it usually works.

banjo
25th April 2009, 10:40 AM
Apparently the newer Matshita drives do not have yet have a way to unlock them. If it is not available for your drive, then that's a poor bit of a luck, but there's not much can be done short of replacing it with an older drive.

benip
25th April 2009, 12:22 PM
OKAY~
CAN ANYONE TELLS ME HOW I CAN REPLACE THE DVD DRIVE ON MY 2.4GHz iMac?

banjo
25th April 2009, 01:18 PM
First, stop yelling. Second, Google is your friend (http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en-au&q=replace+dvd+drive+in+iMac&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8).