PDA

View Full Version : The Best Protection

Carve
24th April 2009, 07:39 PM
Wondering what the BEST protection for the iphone is?

Front and back protection :P

price doesn't matter to me, just need something reccomended to me

timmytomtam
24th April 2009, 07:40 PM
Condom?

Carve
24th April 2009, 08:08 PM
hmm hallirious, even though it says "protection for iphone" , quite.

Brains
24th April 2009, 08:31 PM
The best protection of all is to put it in a glass case, and leave it at home so you can gaze at it fondly :p

ZeMule
24th April 2009, 09:10 PM
I went with the air jacket clear plastic case with anti-glare screen shield. No drop protection, but I try my best not to drop it!
However small bit of crap like tobacco from my pocket gets in there and I have to take it off and clean it. Also the case scratches easily. It isn't damaging the phone, but give the appearance that the phone is scratched.
Main reason I got it was I love the look of the phone and wanted to show it off without a bulky case on it. Good luck!

Aladdin
24th April 2009, 11:25 PM
I use a Griffin Wave Case. Polycarbonate case with grippy coating on top. Reasonable protection, encloses all corners. Firm subastance, not soft like silicone cases. Dock connector, speaker & mike at bottom, buttons on side and audio jack, SIM slot cover and on/off button exposed.

And a PowerSupport anti-glare film on the front - it's actually like a piece of firm plastic stuck onto the front, not soft like glad wrap.

Chief911
25th April 2009, 12:59 PM
I use a Griffin Wave Case. Polycarbonate case with grippy coating on top. Reasonable protection, encloses all corners. Firm subastance, not soft like silicone cases. Dock connector, speaker & mike at bottom, buttons on side and audio jack, SIM slot cover and on/off button exposed.

And a PowerSupport anti-glare film on the front - it's actually like a piece of firm plastic stuck onto the front, not soft like glad wrap.

i have the same one, there good cases, just noticed that the ear sensor doesnt work all the time, spoke to apple genius and he said lots of people having problems with sensor, screen doesnt light up when you move it away from you face....Because it thinks the plastic is your face.....

dekco
25th April 2009, 02:45 PM
invisible shield if you dont mind the matte finish, doesnt take too much from the device look otherwise.

Carve
25th April 2009, 05:40 PM
The best protection of all is to put it in a glass case, and leave it at home so you can gaze at it fondly :p

thats a good one, but receiving a call would be a bitch :P

timmytomtam
25th April 2009, 05:45 PM
thats a good one, but receiving a call would be a bitch :P

Bluetooth headset?

Carve
25th April 2009, 06:54 PM
Bluetooth headset?

but its already in the glass box before you could sync it. Damn ><

melbmac
25th April 2009, 06:59 PM
Insurance.

battye
26th April 2009, 09:03 PM
I did a review of soft and hard cases here: CricketMX.com &bull; The battle of the iPhone cases (http://www.cricketmx.com/articles/read/the-battle-of-the-iphone-cases/)

I go into a bit of detail on the advantages of both, but in summary if you are looking for protection I think the soft cases will be better. The downside is that it's more of a hassle to use I have found.

rhb
26th April 2009, 10:06 PM
For my Touch I have a $10 silicon soft cover (with screen protector) from KMart, and carry it in a plastic sandwich bag. Not elegant but cheap and serviceable (screen is quite useable through the plastic).

currystyle
27th April 2009, 01:44 PM
For my Touch I have a $10 silicon soft cover (with screen protector) from KMart, and carry it in a plastic sandwich bag. Not elegant but cheap and serviceable (screen is quite useable through the plastic).

hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahah!!!
youve got problems