PDA

View Full Version : OS 10.6 leopard are Serials needed ?

vella
24th April 2009, 06:53 PM
Hey guys and gals

I'm wanting to by a new mac mini soon (ruddy money) and i know it comes with 10.5 but when 10.6 comes out i will buy it,

just want to know If i have to purchase 2 license or can 10.6 just install without a serial, because with my laptop it came with 10.5 and I didn't have to input a license when installing

thanks

leon
24th April 2009, 06:55 PM
No serial numbers. If you want to install on multiple machines you just purchase the Family pack.

vella
24th April 2009, 06:59 PM
oh thanks for that

i shale get the family pack then

leon
24th April 2009, 07:00 PM
With the Family Pack you can legally install on up to 5 machines. Apple work on an honesty system.

Gerbils
24th April 2009, 07:06 PM
With the single user license you can install on as many as you like. Dishonesty system.

timmytomtam
24th April 2009, 07:11 PM
With the single user license you can install on as many as you like. Dishonesty system.

You can be even more efficient by getting it from the torrentwebz ;)

vella
24th April 2009, 07:38 PM

so i can just buy a single license and it will work fine well i was going try that as i don't really want to fork out the extra mulla for a os

lol just like the same thing with windows

ring up then they say that serial is in use

then you say oh i got a virus and had to wipe the computer they go oh sorry to hear that

then they ask you the script questions

is this installed on 1 computer

yes

then some other stupid questions

then they go ok then click on this type in these numbers

then click on activate then tada you have a full working copy of windows with updates and no hassle of cracking and what not

Lutze
24th April 2009, 07:41 PM
Except that what you are doing in both cases is illegal.

leon
24th April 2009, 07:44 PM
so i can just buy a single license and it will work fine well i was going try that as i don't really want to fork out the extra mulla for a os

lol just like the same thing with windows

ring up then they say that serial is in use

then you say oh i got a virus and had to wipe the computer they go oh sorry to hear that

then they ask you the script questions

is this installed on 1 computer

yes

then some other stupid questions

then they go ok then click on this type in these numbers

then click on activate then tada you have a full working copy of windows with updates and no hassle of cracking and what not

Except it is this type of attitude which will drive Apple to implement a serial and phone home system in their software. The extra money for the Family is nothing really when compared to the price of Windows.
You state that you don't want to spend money on the OS. It is the OS that makes Apple products the superior experience.

vella
24th April 2009, 08:05 PM
Except that what you are doing in both cases is illegal.

yes it is your right

but your saying that you have neva in your life done something similar i.e returning a product on a warranty claim when you know that you caused the problem

that's illegal

when it comes down to it i will buy a mac mini and i will buy OS 10.6 save the extra money to get a family pack so i can install it on 5 macs

MrJesseRoss
24th April 2009, 08:20 PM
yes it is your right

but your saying that you have neva in your life done something similar i.e returning a product on a warranty claim when you know that you caused the problem

that's illegal

So where did Lutze say that he did that? :slant:

vella
24th April 2009, 08:32 PM
So where did Lutze say that he did that? :slant:

he didn't say he did, i agreed to he's quote by saying that's illegal

then i asked if he had eva done something similar,

NeoRicen
24th April 2009, 08:36 PM
Don't blame us when/if Apple starts requiring serials/authentication. It's people like you who've ruined things for us and put us in this DRM hell hole we're in these days.

vella
24th April 2009, 08:44 PM
It's people like you who've ruined things for us and put us in this DRM hell hole we're in these days.

ok just me alone that's a bit harsh, i have gotten my answer thanks for your help i have already said that i will buy a family pack

what more do you want from me ?

DenyCrane
24th April 2009, 09:43 PM
yes it is your right

Just because your less than honest, does not mean the rest of us are.

... Denny Crane!

vella
24th April 2009, 10:21 PM
Just because your less than honest, does not mean the rest of us are.

... Denny Crane!

yep over this thread now i got my answer like 2 hours ago

thanks to the people that gave the answer i was looking for.

so quick question have you EVA burnt a dvd ?

I rest my case

so stop picking on my so called honesty when you are all in the same boat as I am

tcn33
24th April 2009, 10:30 PM
Aaaaand I think that'll do it.