PDA

View Full Version : iCal and .mac

Quamen
13th June 2004, 05:55 PM
ok so now that I have my powerbook, which I am enjoying emmensly btw. I have started playing around with some of the iApps and got myself a trial .mac account because it sounded cool.

I just started messing with iCal. Putting in some calendars etc. And messed around with publishing them on .mac. Now I noticed something I don't like. Each published calander gets it's own URL.

This kind of sucks. Because I like having the different coloured calander entries in iCal, so that I can quickly tell uni related things from work from birthdays etc.

However if I publish a calendar for friends to look at I want them to be able to see when I am available. Whether I am at uni or at work or whatever. I don't want them to have to check 3 or 4 different calanders just to see what I am up to. That would suck as waste too much time.

So is there a way to join certain calanders together before pulishing them? So that I can have all of my published clanders at the one URL? Because that woudl actually be usefull.

Because at the moment I am a bit dissapointed in the whole .mac/iApp integration. But then I might have missed some nifty little feature.

Quamen
15th June 2004, 02:51 PM
So I take it nobody here knows anything about this software and it's features?

decryption
15th June 2004, 03:03 PM
Try this out and see if it does what you want to do:
http://www.mmisoftware.co.uk/pages/icm.html

(found it with a quick google, I have no idea if it will achieve what you want)

Quamen
15th June 2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that. It doesn't really do what I want to do.

I want to be able to publish multiple calanders to the same url in .mac. I don't want to have to merge my calendars into one calendar, even if it is seperate and can be unticked so I don't have to look at everything twice. I wouldn't mind the merging, but the files in the merged calendar would have to be linked to the origianl so that any changes were updated automatically on both.

Something tells me I will have to send apple some feedback. Pointing out how annoying this little quirk of their software is and how it is making me think I don't really want a .mac account.

decryption
15th June 2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Quamen@Jun 15 2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for that. It doesn't really do what I want to do.

I want to be able to publish multiple calanders to the same url in .mac. I don't want to have to merge my calendars into one calendar, even if it is seperate and can be unticked so I don't have to look at everything twice. I wouldn't mind the merging, but the files in the merged calendar would have to be linked to the origianl so that any changes were updated automatically on both.

Something tells me I will have to send apple some feedback. Pointing out how annoying this little quirk of their software is and how it is making me think I don't really want a .mac account.
If you let Apple know, they may even have a workaround for it or something :P
So yeah, good luck :)