PDA

View Full Version : Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic + iPhone 3G Issues

j.adomski
15th April 2009, 09:28 PM
Hey,

I just bought the new apple headphones from the sydney apple centre.

(Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic - Apple Store (Australia) (http://store.apple.com/au/product/MB770G/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng&mco=MjE0NDgxMg))

i asked a guy there to make sure that it would work with the iPhone 3G, but the volume up and down buttons fail to work. I read around on the web, and found that the iPhone 3G doesnt support it. Is there a firmware update, or anything i could do to get these to work...?

Thanks

Josh :)

Exocet
15th April 2009, 09:30 PM
No, they're not supported and require hardware updates. Probably should have read up on them before buying - this information was pretty well publicised before, during and after launch.

Comet
15th April 2009, 09:32 PM
You can return it at the Apple store. It did clearly say on the package that it wasn't supported though.

j.adomski
15th April 2009, 09:38 PM
You can return it at the Apple store. It did clearly say on the package that it wasn't supported though.

I dont really fancy going back to sydney just to return them, do you think they'll swap them for ones that work with iphones instead if i ring them up or something...

and Yeah i might read the package next time :P

NeoRicen
15th April 2009, 11:08 PM
I dont really fancy going back to sydney just to return them, do you think they'll swap them for ones that work with iphones instead if i ring them up or something...

and Yeah i might read the package next time :P
There are no iPhone headphones that control the volume on the phone. There are some with volume controls, but they're just changing the volume between the phone and the headphone, not the actual phone volume through software.

The next iPhone will undoubtedly support them.