PDA

View Full Version : Mail & Password

tcimac
15th April 2009, 06:52 PM
I rcently changed my 1Password 'master' password and now every time I launch Mail I get this pop up

http://i479.photobucket.com/albums/rr157/tcimac/Picture1-6.png

Just wondering if someone can help me in resolving this to stop it / turn it off??

ClockWork
15th April 2009, 06:57 PM
Did you Restart 1Password after you changed the master password?

tcimac
15th April 2009, 07:00 PM
Did you Restart 1Password after you changed the master password?

Yes...

ClockWork
15th April 2009, 07:19 PM
just going through the usual possibilities here...

Open your Macintosh HD -> open Applications folder -> open Utilities folder - and double-click to open: Keychain Access.

In Keychain Access, click on the top-left menu item: Keychain Access and scroll down to: Preferences...

In Keychain's Preferences, click on the First Aid tab, and then report back what you have checked there.

tcimac
15th April 2009, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the assistance Oren. I rang Apple and before I could explain the exact details of what was going on, the tech support guy had me in Keychain Access and rest my entire Keychain access to a new password. This did resolve the issue - but also deleted all my previously saved Keychain entries !!! Dickhead !!!

Anyway it's no big deal because, I have 1Password that remembers all my usual logins etc...

ClockWork
15th April 2009, 08:52 PM
When Keychains become corrupted, as far as I know, there's no way out.. or back... unless you have an External Drive and backup regularly

Keychain + Corruption = Pain in the arse