PDA

View Full Version : SMS / Call Notification

baciboo
15th April 2009, 01:33 PM
Hi all, I am a new Iphone user. With previous phones I have used, when I receive an sms or missed call, I am able to see this has occured visually and usually by sound notification - repeatedly until I check my phone.

Is there a way in which I can set up my iPhone to always send me a sound notification (repeatedly until I look at my phone) for all my sms messages/misssed calls/received emails?

The drawback with the iPhone is that when the phone goes to sleep, one can't tell visually if there are active incoming messages or calls that have been received - unless one is next to the phone when the message comes in. I guess there might be an app that may assist here?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Have a good day :cool:

Regards,

Baciboo

arkenstone
15th April 2009, 01:46 PM
The SMS notification will occur three times, but I agree with you - I want a recurring until-i-look-at-it notification process so I can use my phone as a work phone.

baciboo
15th April 2009, 02:35 PM
thanks Arkenstone! :D

ZeMule
15th April 2009, 09:41 PM
The SMS notification will occur three times, but I agree with you - I want a recurring until-i-look-at-it notification process so I can use my phone as a work phone.

3 times? When I get a new txt it beeps, but only the once. Have searched every menu in settings and can't find anything to make the phone alert 3 times before it gives up. How's this done? Cheers.

DeKa
15th April 2009, 09:43 PM
That type of feature is a Motorola and Samsung feature if I'm not wrong. It's funny as the repeated beeping drove me nuts!! I can see why some people would find it useful though.

Aladdin
15th April 2009, 11:32 PM
3 times? When I get a new txt it beeps, but only the once. Have searched every menu in settings and can't find anything to make the phone alert 3 times before it gives up. How's this done? Cheers.

I think this functionality was added with the most recent firmware update (2.2.1), IIRC.

wmyeoh
16th April 2009, 06:16 PM
I think this functionality was added with the most recent firmware update (2.2.1), IIRC.

No, it was before 2.2.1, cos I have it and I'm using 2.2

Jim70
1st May 2009, 02:38 PM
There is an app on the App store now named Missed Call. It has a few limitations but otherwise works fine.

iTunes Store (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=311098832&mt=8)

Website I think was iPhoneMissedCall.webs.com

semaja2
2nd May 2009, 12:56 AM
What i want is StatusNotifier from jailbreak to be in the OS, so you can turn on and see IM/EMAIL/SMS/MMS/Phone all in 1 quick look (only sms/phone show atm in a little window)

forno
4th May 2009, 09:15 AM
Honestly how hard is it to unlock your phone and see if you have any notifications againt SMS or Phone calls??

EDIT: And You should know better than to leave you phone unattended, even in a workplace where you can trust your workmates:rolleyes: