PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone knows there will be a iphone3g Pro?

skyoong
14th April 2009, 04:27 PM
Iíve heard about it from my friend and found this news from dealsniper.com

More advanced features for new version, e.g. 32GB memory, 0.1 inch slimmer, 3.2 megapixels camera, etc......

I need to buy the 3g for my wife and it stopped me immediately.

Sounds cool! But I donít know when it will be released, anyone can help?

tcn33
14th April 2009, 05:35 PM
Nobody knows. If you have to have a new iPhone now, buy it now - but if you can wait, there will maybe/probably be a better model released in the next four months.

rickyd
14th April 2009, 06:38 PM
I don't think Apple would bother creating a new product that has such little differences. If there was such a large demand for these features, then maybe it would be a suitable decision. However at this time, I think most people are happy with their iPhone (hardware-wise) as it is.

Diversifying and creating new products in the iPhone lineup would confuse developers and make them feel uncomfortable.

My $0.02 :)
Ricky

NeoRicen
14th April 2009, 06:53 PM
There is going to be a new iPhone in June/July. Denying it at this point is absurd.

MrJesseRoss
14th April 2009, 06:56 PM
The next iPhone's actually going to have 64GB of storage. However, all but 16GB will be dedicated to storing Steve's favourite Foreigner hits in wonderful Apple Lossless audio.

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/327/thoughtbubble1.png

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/1194/jobs.png

creation781
15th April 2009, 10:24 AM
There is going to be a new iPhone in June/July. Denying it at this point is absurd.

How can you be so sure about that? I didn't mean to deny it though, but can you please give us some analysis/reason upon ur statement? instead of just saying.

Chief911
15th April 2009, 12:28 PM
of course there will, to many things for them not to be bringing a new one out, selling off last of 3g stock, ordering a boat load of 3.2mp cameras....its only a few mths away, im sure b4 then we will know even more, like the unibody, everyone saw that image b4 they come out....

Tom125
15th April 2009, 12:35 PM
If the question is will there be a new generation of iPhones - yup, probably within the next few months as people have said.

If the question is will the product line be split between pro and consumer (in the MacBook Pro / MacBook style) - I don't think so. I'm sure there will be an increase in capacity, and a couple of different models with differing capacities and colours, but I don't think they'll release fundamentally different models at the same time.

iPhone Nano though.... that's a different question! ;)

Chief911
15th April 2009, 02:07 PM
yeah agreed, they won't split the product line, i don's see a iphone nano on the horrizion, to much compromise, which is why we have only one version at the moment, but you never know...

let's just hope there is a white one of the next gen....woot!

BAMBI
23rd April 2009, 06:49 AM
I note Apple generic iPhone ads started to appear on TV yesterday. Another sign that product needs to be moved to make way for new stock....

creation781
23rd April 2009, 10:37 AM
I note Apple generic iPhone ads started to appear on TV yesterday. Another sign that product needs to be moved to make way for new stock....

What do you mean? the ads of the next gen iPhone has appeared??

timmytomtam
23rd April 2009, 11:20 AM

You mean those ads that have been on TV for almost a year since the iPhone 3G was released?

Cybix
23rd April 2009, 11:38 AM
I don't believe there will be a new iPhone this YEAR

Trabb
23rd April 2009, 11:56 AM

I would be VERY surprised if there wasn't one.

ifejer
26th April 2009, 07:59 PM
iPhone Mini with No Wi-Fi, On Sale July 11th? - News and Analysis by PC Magazine (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2344805,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03069TX1K0001121)

Alec Fraser
26th April 2009, 08:02 PM
As long as you ask no follow up questions: yes, yes there will definitely be an iPhone 3G Pro

NeoRicen
26th April 2009, 08:26 PM
Oh come on, there's going to be one one, it's pretty much guaranteed.

1. Apple is ordering components from China.
2. iPhone OS includes references to new devices.
3. A new iPhone model has been detected browsing the net in California.
4. There are pretty convincing photos.
5. A new iPhone OS version is being released, 2.0 was accompanied by a new model.
6. There are persistent and consistent rumors regarding details from multiple sources.

timmytomtam
26th April 2009, 08:40 PM

5. A new iPhone OS version is being released, 2.0 was accompanied by a new model.
6. There are persistent and consistent rumors regarding details from multiple sources.

Maybe it's all just a massive prank by Apple.

This is what steve has been doing in his 6 month break - ordering fake components and leaking photoshopped pics.

NeoRicen
26th April 2009, 08:45 PM
Another thing I just thought of is, there's a reason Apple's most popular products (the iPods) are refreshed yearly. There's a demand for them that can be maintained by redesigns that Macs don't have, mainly due to cost. There are less barriers to yearly superfluous updates to the iPhone, so it only makes sense to refresh yearly and keep people buying a product they already own.

pmoe
26th April 2009, 08:52 PM
There will be a new model but it won't be significantly different or the App makers will be mightily pissed!
Storage capacity, OS memory, better camera, possible front camera.
Definitely no iPhone nano unless the existing iPhone is called the nano. It has to be at least the same as the existing phone for the apps.
I want an Apple native iChat client in OS3

LithgowLights
27th April 2009, 10:46 AM

I'd love flash support as 4 of my commonly used forums use FlashChat and I cant access it on the iPhone :(

As for a new phone, yeah I'd expect more storage, more memory for the apps to run in, the same screen resolution but maybe a newer version of the screen, longer battery life, better camera, and maybe a slightly faster processor with better power control.

I think the iPhone 3G Pro is a great name as it keeps the 3G prominantly on display, but differentiates from the current version. The next model probably wont be seen until we start getting 4G networks appear and will be the iPhone 4G.

Then again I might be totally wrong :)

Exocet
27th April 2009, 11:02 AM
I'll put my money on it just being "The new iPhone 3G" - just like its been "The new iPod Nano / classic / touch" etc.

Chief911
27th April 2009, 07:22 PM
I'll put my money on it just being "The new iPhone 3G" - just like its been "The new iPod Nano / classic / touch" etc.

yeah, new back and camera etc, it will be different enough but with the same name....PRO sounds a little crappy, gay, etc...works with the comps but not phone...

decryption
27th April 2009, 08:21 PM

Have you used the AOL AIM app (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=281704574&mt=8)? Looks pretty much like iChat to me!

mista335
29th April 2009, 02:30 PM

Plus millions (thats right millions) of people in the US will be off contract after July and not to release a new model would amount to one of the biggest blunders in business history.

I think the price of used 3G iphones will plummet as the Apple fan boys will pounce on a new, shiny and very much different iphone release.

It is written.

adamerr
4th May 2009, 02:16 PM
I think the price of used 3G iphones will plummet as the Apple fan boys will pounce on a new, shiny and very much different iphone release.

Baha, if it's announced at WWDC imagine the overload of eBay listings.

I'll be there :)

LithgowLights
4th May 2009, 03:16 PM
Baha, if it's announced at WWDC imagine the overload of eBay listings.

I'll be there :)

And here I was thinking it was Dub Dub DC like they say all the time in the podcast ;) Seriously yeah there will be some good deals on 3G phones in some places, but eBay might be full of scammers knowing this too

My phone is heading to SWMBO if I get a new one.

Chief911
4th May 2009, 06:53 PM
Plus millions (thats right millions) of people in the US will be off contract after July and not to release a new model would amount to one of the biggest blunders in business history. It is written.

Absolutely, apple will have planned for this long ago and made sure there is something new and shiney to buy when they do! how can anyone de-neigh this?

and +1 to the tag line 'the new iphone 3G' .....not 3g pro!