PDA

View Full Version : Big question about future release of an iPhone

creation781
14th April 2009, 10:55 AM
Hi guys, my big question is:
Is Apple really going to release a hardware upgrade at this mid year? I read in the other thread, most people here seems to be very optimist that there will be a new gen of iPhone (as a hardware upgrade instead of just a firmware 3.0) coming out a few months to go.

Since I'm a newbie here, I might not be well informed about iPhone.
Does anyone have an accurate information/news or some hints regarding this issue?

Thanks a lot guys! ;)

gehenna
14th April 2009, 11:30 AM
No-one knows, and no-one will know until the moment something is announced, which is always the way with Apple.

There's rumours and conjecture galore but that's all they are - rumours. No-one can confirm this either way and anyone who says they can are lying. One can read the signs though and go by previous experience with this kind of thing. In that regard it does look like things are heading toward a hardware refresh.

creation781
14th April 2009, 03:19 PM
Yeah...but i thought if there is someone who is an Apple insider or Apple employee and would like to reveal the truth here....=)

decryption
14th April 2009, 03:20 PM
Yeah...but i thought if there is someone who is an Apple insider or Apple employee and would like to reveal the truth here....=)

So naive it's cute :)
It's okay, I'll make sure no-one hurts you.

Lutze
14th April 2009, 03:49 PM

Just so you know - If you are employed by Apple you are forbidden in your contract from posting on forums like this about the company or products (real or imagined).

It would be nice if someone decided to leak to Mactalk the juicey details of any new device that Apple have planned... but then you are surfin' close to ThinkSecret when it comes to protecting your source.

Apple only have a few employees in Australia - almost every one of them works at the stores or in Filemaker, they don't have much in the way of corporate stuff going on here... so an insider would normally go for the big international sites (okay America based ones) such as Macrumors or AppleInsider.

NathR32
14th April 2009, 04:26 PM
Just sit and hold tight until Mr X decides to pay us a visit, then you will know :)

BAMBI
14th April 2009, 05:51 PM
The GFC may impact and cause Apple to hold off for 12 months.....

MrJesseRoss
14th April 2009, 06:36 PM
Apple are never releasing another hardware update to the iPhone again. It will all be software updates. Apart from the screen. They'll be enlarging the iPhone's screen in September by supplying new users with a magnifying glass attachment.

Exocet
14th April 2009, 06:58 PM
The GFC may impact and cause Apple to hold off for 12 months.....
Not likely. Apple have no barriers to their own R&D, they have their own cash reserves (to the tune of $26bn) and do not rely on credit. Whether people buy it or not they will release when they are ready.

ifejer
14th April 2009, 09:10 PM
....there are 2 (two) different iPhone lines expected to come out to the market around June/July 2009. One is an upgrade of the current line and another so called mini iPhone. We'll see....

NathR32
14th April 2009, 09:26 PM
....there are 2 (two) different iPhone lines expected to come out to the market around June/July 2009. One is an upgrade of the current line and another so called mini iPhone. We'll see....

Source?

ifejer
14th April 2009, 09:35 PM
Source?

...Google...

NathR32
14th April 2009, 09:41 PM
You can't believe everything found on Google.

Exocet
15th April 2009, 09:52 AM
...Google...

Google's a search engine, not a site. What sites did google find for you that revealed such information.

creation781
15th April 2009, 10:17 AM
If there will only be software update instead of hardware update on the iPhone 3G this year, what d'u guys think the price of the phone will be? Will it still be the same as the current price or getting higher? or even cheaper? unlikely...i think...=)

ifejer
19th April 2009, 05:12 PM
Google's a search engine, not a site. What sites did google find for you that revealed such information.

iPhone Mini with No Wi-Fi, On Sale July 11th? - News and Analysis by PC Magazine (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2344805,00.asp?kc=PCRSS03069TX1K0001121)

Snow Leopard
19th April 2009, 05:20 PM
P C ? ? ? Magazine??? My God!!!!