PDA

View Full Version : Vodafone "visual voice mail??" cant be???

ipwn
13th April 2009, 11:16 PM
Can anyone confirm "Visual Voicemail" on the vodafone network???

Also on a side note optus charges for all the calls circled in red, where vodafone dont and vodafone offers 2gb data where optus is only 1.5gb.

Im thinking of changing if they have visual voicemail, the vodafone store could not confirm the visual voicemail as they did not understand what it was.

Also the plan seems alot better as optus charges for all those other numbers and it costs me to retrieve voicemail and order pizza, and directory assist, even their customer care number charges me...... total ball's optus!!!!!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3558/3437426153_1993814b7a_o.jpg

choy
14th April 2009, 01:29 AM
well i am on vodafone and i definitely don't have visual voicemail. anyone else have it/?

choy
14th April 2009, 01:32 AM
This might be of relevance:
Apple - Support - Discussions - visual voicemail in Australia ... (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8567215)

ipwn
14th April 2009, 02:12 AM
I read that, and thought that vodafone has jumped the gun and released it.

It wasn't on their last month when i checked...

Maybe its something that may come out with the new iphone or 3.0

Vodafone has a habit of releasing info before it should.

maybe someone at customer care may help, and even ask the question why its advertised when it not available???

Trabb
14th April 2009, 02:47 AM
Yeah, your best bet would be to call them and ask them... not sure if they have an iPhone team like Optus and Telstra do, so maybe ask to speak to someone on an iPhone team they do. I'd be interested to know!

arkenstone
14th April 2009, 08:11 AM
Didn't Optus say at launch they were working on visual voicemail and it'd be ready Q1 2009? I forgot all about it until this thread.

decryption
14th April 2009, 08:36 AM
Verrryyy interesting.
I'm not dying for visual voicemail, but damn I would like it.

matthew858
14th April 2009, 08:42 AM
Why does Telstra's actions influence what other carriers do? I would love Visual Voicemail, but the cost of it would be interesting. I'm hoping it's free, but I'm not holding my breath.

Mecha
14th April 2009, 09:05 AM
If i get visual voicemail i'll start using the service. Right now it just sits there.

Arkhum_Eramak
14th April 2009, 09:28 AM
well, Q1 is over...where's the visual voicemail?? Damn I'd really like it, save me time and money wasted listening to people I've just talked to!

Tom125
14th April 2009, 09:37 AM
I'm with vodafone and just checked for updates and synced... nothing. The voicemail button still just calls the voicemail number.

As much as I'd like to believe they're about to release it, I suspect that it's a mistake. Visual Voicemail was mentioned in some of Vodafone's pre-release publicity last year but it was quickly changed. They have a habit of cutting and pasting overseas marketing material.

shivstar
14th April 2009, 10:03 AM
That was on the Vodafone website when I signed up a while back... I did email them about it and they replied saying something along the lines of those are just the iPhone features, we do not support visual voicemail... which is a pretty stupid reason to put it on as a "feature" when it is a feature we can not use.

I put a post about it on here... will see if i can dig it out!

EDIT: link to post... click me! (http://forums.mactalk.com.au/31/46825-visual-voicemail-australia-missing-out-2.html#post723532)

LithgowLights
14th April 2009, 01:19 PM
I think the best option is to treat it like Decryption does when discussing Optus's excellent coverage in Melbourne - Call it balls and change the subject. :D

It will probably happen eventually, and once it does 1/4 of the staff still wont know it's available and wont be of any help anyway.

Exocet
14th April 2009, 07:10 PM
I basically get it with 3 already. They email me WAVs of my voicemail.

ipwn
16th April 2009, 12:34 AM
Well, telstra just launched its 21mbps hspa modem!!! so im wondering now if all the telco's are working on some background improvements for the next gen iphone, the only way to wow us with a new gen iphone is to have the telcos network ready (keeping in mind AT&T are upgrading to a faster mobile network as we speak), coincidence? maybe we might get a faster 3g version of the iphone, maybe visual voice mail might be a selling point who know, we have to just wait and see ......

Buthidae
20th April 2009, 08:39 PM
I basically get it with 3 already. They email me WAVs of my voicemail.

You know if you set up your three mailbox as an IMAP account, that's effectively how VV is done on the iPhone anyway :D

DeKa
22nd April 2009, 10:56 PM
This might be of relevance:
Apple - Support - Discussions - visual voicemail in Australia ... (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=8567215)

That's got to be the silliest answer I've read!

Jimbowalsh - An employee in the apple store told me the other day that Telstra were definitely working on bringing visual voicemail to Aus. He said they were currently updating the servers needed for this service. Also he said that the other carriers could not introduce it until Telsra did. Something to do with Telstra and their infrastructure in place. So it sounds like it's on it's way. He said first quarter 2009. Lets see if it happens.

What does Telstra's mobile infrastructure have to do with any other carrier's mobile infrastructure? With the exception of the 3GIS JV, nothing, and even then it's only the physical towers.

I would place my bet on Vodafone being first, given they already have VV working on iPhone elsewhere.

DazR6
23rd April 2009, 06:08 AM
I for one would like to have this, so the sooner the better I say.

DeKa
27th May 2009, 08:01 AM
I would place my bet on Vodafone being first, given they already have VV working on iPhone elsewhere.

And I was correct! :cool: