PDA

View Full Version : Media indexing/cataloguing/renaming app?

tcn33
12th April 2009, 01:10 PM
What I'm after is an app that scans a directory full of media and organises it automagically - so it sees a file called TVShow.S01E01.avi, renames it to "Episode 1 - Episode Name.avi", and organises it into a TVShow folder and Season 1 subfolder. Preferably I'd like it to look up data from imdb.com etc, just like Plex does. (I can't use Plex itself because a) I'm streaming to a PS3 and b) my server is PPC and Plex is Intel-only.)

Does anyone know of an app that does this, or has anyone figured out a workflow to approximate it?

Cybix
12th April 2009, 01:54 PM
write a shell script or applescript to do it. google it.

arkenstone
12th April 2009, 03:35 PM
There are a pile of such apps in the Windows world but I've not spotted one for Mac yet.

tcn33
13th April 2009, 10:46 PM
Until one comes along, I'm using a combination of Hazel (on the server) and Boxee (on the AppleTV) to get the job done.

I'd tried twice before to get Boxee working but it was just too buggy - seems like the third time's the charm. The automagic metadata fetching for TV is just awesome :)

banjo
14th April 2009, 07:42 AM
[edit] Just saw your other requirements. R-name (http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/14404) is just for batch renaming for rules you specify, but it can be quite powerful.