PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air 1.6 revB swap for MBPro Unibody

lukemc
11th April 2009, 10:20 AM
My sisters partner bought her an Air Rev B, she doesnt like the Airs and wants to swap it for a Macbook Pro.

It is still unopened (im trying to convince her to open it and run my macbook v air dvd burning test ;) but shes smarter than that!!)

Any suggestions as to how to swap it? It was bought at Harvey Norman on the 13/3, totally unopened but they have said they wont swap it after this long (he held onto it for 3 weeks before he day to give it)

Any suggestions?

Anyone have a pro unibody that they would like to swap thats in good condition?

Bethro
11th April 2009, 12:06 PM
You probably already did, but did you ask to speak to a manager at Harvey Norman? I think that's a little ridiculous that they won't swap it when it is brand new and if it is clearly and undoubtedly unopened. Unless there has been a product upgrade since it was bought and it is no longer the current model, which I don't believe has happened. I have a receipt for something I bought at Harvey Norman Computer Superstore in Southland in Victoria, and there is nothing printed on the receipt at all about exchanges (not like there's not enough room for it, the thing is 2 pages long printed on a dot matrix printer, I literally had to wait 2 minutes for the receipt to print out). It does say 'choose carefully as we don't normally do refunds if you change your mind' but that's it, nothing about exchange. It also says 'for all after sales consumer enquirers please contact 1300 GO HARVEY (1300 464 278)' maybe you should try calling them and seeing what kind of response you get on the phone.

lukemc
11th April 2009, 03:51 PM
good point bethro i might do that, when she went back they said they dont exchange for change of mind

It is clearly sealed and the latest product too so your right, ill try calling head office for her during the week

i thought there might be someone here that was interested tho!!

morontaw
15th April 2009, 12:05 PM
I would change my Macbook unibody the 2.4Ghz for you macbook air but i want to wnock the specification of your macbook air

my Macbook 13" unibody is brand new no damage and I paid $1,599.00 and $249.00 for Apple Care 2yrs the total $1782.92 in oct-18-2008
ooo i forgot i upgrade my macbook HD now is a 500GB HD

i don't use to much my macbook because i use more my Mac Pro
let my now if you want to trade my email is Morontaw@gmail.com

Huy
15th April 2009, 01:08 PM
I paid $1,599.00 and $249.00 for Apple Care 2yrs the total $1782.92 in oct-18-2008

Those prices are in USD and you're in the USA. lukemc is in Australia. :p

lukemc
15th April 2009, 02:30 PM
HA thanks Huy, no luck with Harvey Norman, i rang them on the sis's behalf and they stuck to their, no change of mind exchange policy......

Im trying to raise funds to buy it from her as we speak!