PDA

View Full Version : Okay...this is getting annoying [TAB Key]

Ken-f
10th April 2009, 05:47 PM
So I've upgraded from Tiger to Leopard.

The issue I'm having is I used to always press TAB to get around the web browser, eg, from text box to text box, then to different items, like 'save password' or 'i agree' boxes etc. On this new leopard system, it doesn't let me! It only lets me go from text box to text box!!

Please tell me there is a simple fix! I've been looking around in system settings and firefox settings. I also have this problem in safari.

All help appreciated. Thanks :D

ClockWork
10th April 2009, 05:52 PM
So I've upgraded from Tiger to Leopard.

The issue I'm having is I used to always press TAB to get around the web browser, eg, from text box to text box, then to different items, like 'save password' or 'i agree' boxes etc. On this new leopard system, it doesn't let me! It only lets me go from text box to text box!!

Please tell me there is a simple fix! I've been looking around in system settings and firefox settings. I also have this problem in safari.

All help appreciated. Thanks :D

Upgrade to Tiger.

NeoRicen
10th April 2009, 05:58 PM
Are you using Safari 3 or 4? Safari 4 changed the behaviour to only cycle through forms, and alt-Tab to cycle through everything. In Safari 3 it's the other way around.

Ken-f
10th April 2009, 06:01 PM
Thanks for that. Safari is solved. But i wanna know how to get it to do it with FF.

Exocet
10th April 2009, 06:37 PM
Universal-keyboard access perhaps?
http://img.skitch.com/20090410-x8hkgsmjdr8ku1ak2t25f3b9bk.jpg

cosmichobo
10th April 2009, 06:42 PM
Doh... after using Babybop, my son managed to change settings in Firefox, such that tab was moving between EVERYTHING on a webpage - text boxes, radial boxes, line items, everything.

I looked up... somewhere... and found a way to change it... but for the life of me, can't remember how...

It wasn't in the Preferences... it was something weird...

---

Found it.

Pressing Tab key does not select menus or buttons (http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Pressing+Tab+key+does+not+select+menus+or+buttons)

Ken-f
10th April 2009, 07:43 PM
Exocet. I love you!! I love everyone! ahahaha

Thanks guys! :)