PDA

View Full Version : 20" Cinema Display misbehaving ?

mcgraw
12th June 2004, 01:31 PM
Hi people,

I recently bought an Apple 20" Cinema Display but have noticed it is "flickering " a little upon returning from Power Saving mode. I&#39;m @ version 10.3.4 and the monitor is set to power down after 15 mins of idle time in the energy saving panel. Also the power indictator light flickers bright/dull until the monitor stabilises during this tiime? <note: not the same as the sleep mode "throb" on the G4 power button although the light on the display and the power button will do this in syncronisation when the machine is actually sent to sleep> I only just realised that the sleep function can be initiated via the power indicator on the display since this behaviour has manifested itself over the last few times the display has returned from it&#39;s powered down state. I dont want to hit the panic button prematurely but was wondering if there is possibly a bug in 10.3.4 regarding monitor power saving.

Thanks in advance Graeme

pipsqeek
12th June 2004, 01:49 PM
Have you only noticed it recently....or from when you first got it?

Also, try to use the monitor with another machine...preferably with a different version of OS X.

By doing this, you eliminate the cause of it being anything on the other side of the connector...ie: vid card or worse still, motherboard etc...but that would be unlikely.

It may well be the connector itself.

Other then that, seeing as you just got it. Its should be under warranty so go see your Local Apple Service Center.

Steve

mcgraw
12th June 2004, 02:06 PM
Steve

I&#39;m a one mac person :) so hardware exchange is a little impracticle, i may recheck my connection to the ADC connector tho&#39; as i dragged the case forward a couple of days ago to install another HD.

Thanks Graeme

mcgraw
12th June 2004, 03:42 PM
After disconnecting the ADC connector and reconnecting , it seems to have corrected this problem, fingers crossed thats all it was :)

Graeme

Disko
12th June 2004, 06:25 PM
Lets hope so. Let us know if it happens again.

pipsqeek
14th June 2004, 12:02 PM
I was just trying to cover all bases.

Steve

sillydog701
14th June 2004, 01:24 PM
Which Mac you connect your 20" Display to? via ADC port in graphic cards?