PDA

View Full Version : optus doing an illegal contract dodginess?

SpecialHell
5th April 2009, 10:03 AM
I have an iPhone and am with 3, and like so many iPhone 3 users, i got the Optus $14 12mth plan, unlocked and used my 3 Sim.

now the other day, i notice that the $14 plan on the optus site is gone and replaced with a $19 plan, and my last bill I am now suddenly on a $19 plan.
Hang on.. didn't i CHOOSE and SIGN for $14 contract?

whats become of our national telephony, if telcos can just change your CONTRACT at will, yet if i need to deviate from it, i get penalized to the wazoo.

now i havent made the sums, maybe my monthly iPhone repayments have dropped to reflect the increase to $19, but thats not the point. I signed the contract for 12 months. If their rates go down, then sure, but they cant increase it... hell its not a mortgage interest variable rate.

At this point I would have called optus and blasted them, but it just so happens for business purposes i may actually be changing my optus plan anyway (upping my plan), so i havent bothered with the phone call yet.

Anyone else on that plan notice and have you made any enquiries?

bdude
5th April 2009, 10:16 AM
I don't think there's ever been an Optus $14/mth plan.

SpecialHell
5th April 2009, 10:30 AM
ah, well there you go... i must really be senile then.. i was positive i had signed a $14 plan. will have to just go look for my contract.. and be sure.

ok then, totally disregard this thread and the ravings of a mad man.

carry on.

Trabb
5th April 2009, 10:32 AM
Yeah, pretty sure the cheapest Optus plan was always $19. Actually I'm positive about that.

bdude
5th April 2009, 10:54 AM
You might've been confused because the $19 plan gives you $14 of call credits every month

Lumus
5th April 2009, 11:55 AM
Some Telco's contracts stipulate that they may change the terms of the agreement at any time. Make sure you read very carefully through it before you complain as they may just say STFU.

samuelowens
5th April 2009, 02:14 PM
What does it say on the copy of the contract they gave you?

(You DID keep the contract, didn't you?)

Exocet
5th April 2009, 04:58 PM
I was pretty sure it was the $19 plan - the same one I'm on.

NeoRicen
5th April 2009, 05:07 PM
Yep, there never was a $14 Plan. I should know, I analysed the hell out of all the plans.